PDA

View Full Version : thescreensavers poll on jaguar

mnkeybsness
Aug 26, 2002, 07:40 PM
AAAAAAHHHHH...

go to www.thescreensavers.com

take their poll on the lower right hand side about paying or pirating for jaguar...i just took it, voted PAY thank you very much...and say the results...95% pirate!!!

this is terrible news.

King Cobra
Aug 26, 2002, 07:47 PM
That kind of gets on my nerves. Yet, Apple seems to have about 5 percent of the market (5 percent would pay).

I voted PAY, dangit. :rolleyes: :p

MacBandit
Aug 26, 2002, 07:54 PM
Hell I not only payed for it I payed for it by buying a whole new computer.

I would say that PC people are voting and they in general are voting for pirate because why would they pay for something they distaste, misunderstand, and do not want in the first place.

SilvorX
Aug 26, 2002, 08:02 PM
i would actually pay for mac os unlike windows (since its full of bugs n whats the use of buying something that barely even works) and linux (since most versions of linux are free downloads)

swahilibill
Aug 26, 2002, 08:10 PM
I hate the people on the screen savers except for Leo, especially those bitches morgan and megan, and that martin guy deserves several beatings to the head with a piece of heavy minging equipment. They all hate macs and they try to act cool like they actually have friends and they think windows is "bomb diggity" as that ****** martin says.

Rower_CPU
Aug 26, 2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by swahilibill
I hate the people on the screen savers except for Leo, especially those bitches morgan and megan, and that martin guy deserves several beatings to the head with a piece of heavy minging equipment. They all hate macs and they try to act cool like they actually have friends and they think windows is "bomb diggity" as that ****** martin says.

Get a clue.:rolleyes:

If you had watched the show more than once you'd know that Leo, Kevin and Megan are all Mac fans.

Grow up and think a little before you go posting things you know nothing about.

swahilibill
Aug 26, 2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

Get a clue.:rolleyes:

If you had watched the show more than once you'd know that Leo, Kevin and Megan are all Mac fans.

Grow up and think a little before you go posting things you know nothing about.

Yeah, I think that you are the one that needs to watch the show a little more closely pal. So get off it!

krossfyter
Aug 26, 2002, 08:39 PM
crap man not again.

Rower_CPU
Aug 26, 2002, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I think that you are the one that needs to watch the show a little more closely pal. So get off it!

Well, let's see...

I've been watching the show since November 2001. How about you?

Leo is an obvious Mac lover, which is why he's the only one you've noticed.
Megan does segments all the time on Mac software, and chimes in often about Windows deficiencies.
Kevin does the Mac installs at celebrities' homes during the "House Call" segments.

So...put up or shut up, billy...

Rower_CPU
Aug 26, 2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter
crap man not again.

Sorry, but I had to.

krossfyter
Aug 26, 2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

Sorry, but I had to.

nah its cool man... i agree with you about what you said by the way... but i was just venting off there a little because ive seen soo much flame wars on this board. i have nothing against anyone.

rockit

ShaolinMiddleFinger
Aug 26, 2002, 09:33 PM
I paid $69 for it but it's worth the $129. All of it. You will not get ripped off by this price. The only people you're gonna rip off if you pirate is Apple and yourselves later on in time. I suggest you buy it, install OS X.2 and watch it fly. It's done wonders on my iBook!

MacMaster
Aug 26, 2002, 09:37 PM
OMG!!!! Those PC users are probably screwing up the poll and making us look bad!!! LOOK!:

ShaolinMiddleFinger
Aug 26, 2002, 09:40 PM
I paid $69 for it but it's worth the $129. All of it. You will not get ripped off by this price. The only people you're gonna rip off if you pirate is Apple and yourselves later on in time. I suggest you buy it, install OS X.2 and watch it fly. It's done wonders on my iBook!

krossfyter
Aug 26, 2002, 09:55 PM
wha?? dejavu man.

its climbed up one percent since i last checked it. dang man jack it up guys.

Durandal7
Aug 26, 2002, 10:16 PM
Those foolish PC users. They aren't even going to get Jaguar, they're just screwing with us. I hope they don't mention the results on the show since they are so ridiculous.

mnkeybsness
Aug 26, 2002, 10:59 PM
i think you guys may be right that this is just a bunch of PC jerks that hate macs that are screwing up the poll. argh...how much hate i have for those people

MacUser1
Aug 27, 2002, 02:47 AM

actually rower_CPU is right. Leo, Megan and Kevin are all mac users.

tjwett
Aug 27, 2002, 10:49 AM
i say PAY, but at an edu discaount;) i've been seeing TONS of pirate copies just on Limewire alone. it seems once everyone realised 6115 or whatever was the final, everyone just said screw it!

evildead
Aug 27, 2002, 03:22 PM
It's Up to 12% pay now....

macrumors.com to the rescue

krossfyter
Aug 27, 2002, 04:20 PM
hey ya newbies.... turn this poll (the one on the screensavers site) upside down before its down man!

evildead
Aug 27, 2002, 05:47 PM
looks like the poll is gone...

now its something about paying $500 to be a jedi

mc68k
Aug 28, 2002, 01:26 AM
I haven't paid for 99% of my software since '95. Not about to break my streak. I have people depending on me, you know. :)

Paying for it's the easy way out. Finding it's the challenge.

cb911
Aug 28, 2002, 01:47 AM
of course i payed!

LimeiBook86
Aug 28, 2002, 03:07 AM
The ones on LimeWire don't work! They're CRAP! Whoops! hee hee How should I know that!?;) :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :cool:

I will pay with my brother's College discount, hee hee hee only $69 :D

mac15
Aug 28, 2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
The ones on LimeWire don't work! They're CRAP! Whoops! hee hee How should I know that!?;)

Limewire sucks, simple

LimeiBook86
Aug 28, 2002, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by mac15

Limewire sucks, simple
You got that right! ;)

MMMmmmmm... Dounts.... :)

phgreer
Aug 28, 2002, 06:46 AM
How do you guys define "PC" people? I've had a PC in my house since 1996 and worked mostly with them before that. However I bought my first Mac earlier this year. An iBook Combo drive. I didn't "switch" but I did "add" to my collection. I purchase Jaguar. I gladly paid for it.

Now I did want a Mac ever since I was in college in the late 80's when we used the little Mac in a writing class and I considered Macs when I went shopping for my first computer but because of the price local service options, etc. I settled on the PC (a "no name" called an Inteva (no not Aptiva) at Sam's club. After upgrading that one to death to the point it was not the same computer anymore I bought a Dell 8200 with XP Pro for our Home Business (part of which is web design) I like the Dell and I have had no problems with it. I haven't had to tweak to mess with it since I bouth it about a year ago.

We also need a portable notebook solution and I finally got to have my dream of buying a Mac. We bought the iBook to check websites we work on to meet clients (Let's face it the Macs turn heads and people stop and look and are impressed. Carrying a Mac is like dressing for success in a way) Also OSX was a big draw because I could do a lot of web - server related stuff in development and showing client their site. Yes, I could have used Linux but hey I want my machine to do a lot more too and I beleive in supporting software developers for their work. Nothing really wrong with open source but it's still good support developers with real money as opposed to a pat on the back.

I don't beleive in being hating one company so I guess I may sort of be a man without a country. I'm not a switcher since I'm keeping my Dell and it serves me well but I do love my Mac.

Aug 29, 2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by phgreer

I don't beleive in being hating one company so I guess I may sort of be a man without a country. I'm not a switcher since I'm keeping my Dell and it serves me well but I do love my Mac.

I also don't understand why people are so "only Mac" or "only PC" fanatical...... I have an iMac dv which I love, and I can do a lot of things with it, and use some great products.... like iCab......which I can't do on a PC.......but there are also a lot of things I can't do on it....... like play incredible 3d games like America's Army......... that's why I also have an Alienware Aurora Athalon XP 2100+ .... Windows XP Pro is really a great OS compared to 95 or 98..... and OSX is the most fun to use. So I get the best of both worlds with my two systems, and don't cut off my nose to spite my face.:cool:

Aug 29, 2002, 02:35 AM
Oh and for those of you who say G4's can handle games, the fact is with the OS9 switch to OSX, and the preference by gaming developers given to Windows, Apple is just not the system to get for gaming. UT2003 won't be available on a Mac till 2004, and America's Army probably never will. The only company I really avoid is Intel, AMD is a much better product. IMO

P.P.S. To stay on topic I paid...... but someone I know gave me Photoshop last year........so.......:D

flanders
Aug 29, 2002, 10:26 AM
all i'll say is that if 95% are pirating and over 100,000 copies were sold, that's a problem apple would love having. All in all around 2M copies installed at those rates :D