Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jennx143

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the first time stamp of the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will choose his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which will again run for exactly one week.

This week's theme:
Levitation

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Can you give a bit more clarification on levitation please? It's a bit open to anything, unless that's what you're after, but I'd hate to submit something that wasn't deemed relevant.

Jennx143

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Can you give a bit more clarification on levitation please? It's a bit open to anything, unless that's what you're after, but I'd hate to submit something that wasn't deemed relevant.

That's what I'm after. Just anything that has to do with levitation.
:)

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
centralcalicoast1420.jpg

Shell Beach, CA
EXIF: ISO 100 130mm f/6.3 1/400s

Jennx143

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Okay, the photo contest is over! I'll post the results after school, I get out at 5pm est.
<3

Jennx143

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Congrats to all who entered :]

Great picture, the angle is good.

This is amazing! I love the bright colors. I really like that they are so many birds throughout the entire photograph.

Awww! This is really adorable, I love Danboard. You did a lovely job on this.

I love the colors. The leaf is a tad blurry though, I've tried taking pictures like this before and the leaf is hard to focus correctly. Regardless, it still looks good.

This is wonderful! I love the simplicity of this.

Great job! This is a fantastic picture.

Oh wow, there is absolutely nothing wrong about this picture. You did a FANTASTIC job.

[URL="http://fr31g31st.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d30skgg"]

I like the picture and all, I just don't exactly see what was levitating though.

Absolutely amazing, I love every single thing about this.

I really like this! You did a lovely job.

Great, great photo. I love the darkness of this picture. I love how her hair is, it makes the picture feel more like levitation.

I'm sorry for the short answers.
I loved all of these photos! It was a hard choice, but congratulations to the winner!
<3

3rd Place: zildjansg
2nd Place: acearchie
1st Place: Patriks7

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Thanks for the comments!

2nd Places in a row! New record!

I must be onto a winner sometime now :D

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
thanks for the comments and the hard work in trying to select a winner. congratulations to the winner, patrick. Awesome foto. Loved the Afgani boy's flip and the white bird caught in midair. As to my picture, there was a giant flock of birds and pelicans that took off while I was taking pictures of some of the rock formations and just happen to catch them.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Patriks7 are you out there? Is it time for 2nd place to step in with a new contest? :confused:

TheNewDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I saw this on another board, so I will suggest it for this photo contest too.

How about we have a "Poll" to detemine the winner. Everyone checks out the pics and votes for the one they like the most.

We can add the poll to the Thread the day after the contest closes.
Then give it an extra few days for people to visit and vote.

Just my two cents....

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
I'm not sure if a poll would work as everyone wouldn't get feedback, just one line makes a difference.

It would also mean that the contest would take longer as it takes time for people to vote whereas a judge could have just selected a winner!

I'm therefore in favour of keeping the current system.

On a side note has anyone tried PMing the winner? I would be happy to start the new contest although I would be a little reluctant as I didn't really win!

I will check on later tonight to see the updates...

Jennx143

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Oh no! I can't believe Patrik7 hasn't said anything yet, if he doesn't say anything by tonight or so I think acearchie should start the new contest.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
The winner was last on-line around midnight last night. The contest closed at around 8:30 am on the 19 th. That was, like, three days ago. Time for acearchie to post the next contest topic.

Dale

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
Agreed. Patriks7 had a great shot and I wish he could take the honor of starting the next contest but it's past time to move on. Ace, please start a new contest for us as the 2nd place winner.

A poll is an interesting idea but I'm in favor of keeping it as it is. The comments and critiques from a single judge are really the heart of this weekly exercise. It's good for both the entrants and the judge.

Press on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.