Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I bought a black bumper at launch and a white one today. The white feels like a different material than black. I like it more because the rubber isn't grippy and slides out of pocket easier. It also fits the phone better. Just wondering if the new black ones are like this? Thanks.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
There are several threads on this. Just bought a pink one and also notice the difference with the black I bought at iPhone 4 launch. It also seems like it's more resistant to picking up color. If this is the case, wondering if the white one is like this too. My old white one picked up color and dirt very easily! Also is the white a tighter fit now? Mine was loose and I had to boil it!

greylee

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Mines are the same way!!! I was just wondering! i got mine white bumper today. and it totally feels different than the black bumper i had from the case program. the black one (old) is more rubber-like and softer rubber and it's loose! but this new white one has a firmer rubber and less rubbery feeling and the white bumper i just got has a firmer fit to the phone! maybe they did change the material?! i don't know. Should I go get a new black bumper? coz i like the black color better

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
There are several threads on this. Just bought a pink one and also notice the difference with the black I bought at iPhone 4 launch. It also seems like it's more resistant to picking up color. If this is the case, wondering if the white one is like this too. My old white one picked up color and dirt very easily! Also is the white a tighter fit now? Mine was loose and I had to boil it!

I'll be very interested to see if this is still true a week from now, and a month out. I destroyed my first pink bumper trying to clean it; those things pick up every bit of dye and dirt, and stain permanently. If they've changed the material used, it might be worth trying again.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
what do u guys use to open the charger hole more on the bottom, so other charging cables can fit

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Has anyone bought a black one in the past few weeks? I'm really curious if they're a new material too.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
I'll be very interested to see if this is still true a week from now, and a month out. I destroyed my first pink bumper trying to clean it; those things pick up every bit of dye and dirt, and stain permanently. If they've changed the material used, it might be worth trying again.

will do!

greylee

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010

Has anyone bought a black one in the past few weeks? I'm really curious if they're a new material too.

I know right?! me too very curious if they have new material for the black bumper ?! if they do i will probably get one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.