PDA

View Full Version : Donahue: The Antichrist of the Gaming Industry

Durandal7
Aug 26, 2002, 08:18 PM
You heard me and I'm standing by it. Be Thinkful, wtf does that mean anyway?

http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/08/20/jenkins_on_donahue/index.html

diorio
Aug 27, 2002, 12:49 PM
Donohue sucks and needs to crawl under a rock

lilscoy
Aug 27, 2002, 01:05 PM
I actually really like Donahue's new show, and agree with him a lot. But this is actually an issue where I disagree with him. Oh well, it happens...

sickboy_osX
Aug 27, 2002, 01:30 PM
I thought donahue died...... maybe it was just my imagination, or my warped, unreal tournament playing mind, that was just thinking that...:D

mischief
Aug 27, 2002, 01:42 PM
Talk shows have kinda turned American society into one huge psychotic ex-girlfriend.

The sickest thing about it is that "News" programs are the single largest media contributor to violence AND sensationalism. I was horrified, though not suprised to learn that the Rodney King Tape was 20 minutes long and CNN had edited down to just the cops beating Mr. King repeatedly. CNN MANUFACTURED the LA riots, then gleefully sensationalized them too.

I have seen more and more of this recently.

News programs covering the school shootings had pundits talking about Heroin and Death Metal bands but nobody said a damn thing about the PARENTS.

News programs covering dog mauling stories that make it seem as if some breeds are inherently violent when the breeds they name account for the vast MINORITY of dog bites and maulings.

Why is it that the whole News industry is engaged in a huge game of "Blameless"? :mad:

Parents are ignoring their children and when those children act violently are they held responsible? No. The Media treats it as if the Children were possessed. Grrrrr.

It's about responsibility folks.

Don't ignore your children, Don't lie to them about things you can teach them, Don't beat your animals or let them run loose, When you're being arrested DON'T GET UP, Don't assume that your muslim neighbor is a terorrist, and above all DO NOT believe what you hear on the news. The facts may be read but the SPIN may poison your perceptions of what's actually going on.

Okay, rant over for now.:p

Durandal7
Aug 27, 2002, 07:05 PM
LOL, Donahue got the lowest Nielsen rating possible a .1. I guess that what goes around comes around. :D