PDA

View Full Version : Did the Advertisers run out of ideas?

Capt Underpants
Jan 1, 2005, 09:44 PM
Good God... I came to MR today, only to find a, "Bust Santa's zit and get a free iPod" ad. Are advertisers so strapped for ideas that they have resulted to busting santa's zits???

Daveway
Jan 1, 2005, 10:01 PM
Suddenly my Eddy's 1 pint of dutch chocolate ice cream doesn't taste so good.

cubist
Jan 1, 2005, 10:31 PM
I've often thought that I could save advertisers huge bucks by pointing out the obvious. A consulting firm, call it "Obvious, Inc." We could have saved Apple millions by stopping "Lemmings", for example. I often think that advertising folks have lost touch with reality. Commercials on TV often make you think, 'what are they trying to sell, exactly?'

Bust Santa's zit, indeed.

thejazzman10
Jan 2, 2005, 10:21 AM
:eek: I saw that ad too! though some of them are kind of fun when boredom strikes...did you know, on the shoot the tank one, if you keep on shooting the tank, the pop-up will never come up?

i have no life.... :D

Capt Underpants
Jan 2, 2005, 10:33 AM
:eek: I saw that ad too! though some of them are kind of fun when boredom strikes...did you know, on the shoot the tank one, if you keep on shooting the tank, the pop-up will never come up?

i have no life.... :D

That's okay. When you have the Christmas robber, you can shoot literally anywhere, and the popup will still pop up. You don't even have to shoot the Christmas robber! Sad...

TEG
Jan 5, 2005, 12:51 PM
Don't forget about the boxer one. Even down to the classic arcade buttons. It takes 3 punches to get the pop-up, and half the time the pop-up is blank.

TEG