Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is it possible Apple might offer sutch an option like it was done with the laptops?

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
nope! u need the mini DP and USB socket so its would be the same with out the magsafe!

Frith

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
I suspect the miss-communication has come from you spelling it "mate" (meaning friend or partner) rather than "matte" (meaning flat or non-gloss)

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
It's possible, but I think it is unlikely, if people really want a matte display they will buy a mac mini and an external display.

mjsmke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2010
UK
Apple probably decide by how many they sell. If they sold more year on year with shiny screens than with the old matte screens they will continue to make them with shiny screens. The idea of a glass cover over the screen is good to protect it. It's so anoying when a friend comes round and pokes one of my screens everytime they like what they see on it.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
It's possible, but I think it is unlikely, if people really want a matte display they will buy a mac mini and an external display.

or a easier and cheaper option a earlier iMac , the only option i had as i even on the monitor side matte displays are now rare as hens teeth
dont know why everybody wants these mirrors on their desk , but never mind
i am happy with the iMac core duo 1.83 , and found a samsung sync master 760bf monitor with matte display , ok equipment is years old but i just dont care as long as its not glossy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.