Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bergmef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
North East, MD, USA
Just got home with my new apple tv. I was going to load shows on my old one for my Dad and use the new one but I don't like how they show in the menus. I own all 10 seasons of MASH. I ripped them and added them to itunes. Before, I would click tv shows, I would see MASH listed once, then see the 10 seasons. Now I have 10 MASH seasons in the base tv shows directory ... and 10 columbo seasons and 8 magnum and ... you get the idea. The list is waaaaaaay longer. Any way to get it to show the old way?

rediffusion

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Just got home with my new apple tv. I was going to load shows on my old one for my Dad and use the new one but I don't like how they show in the menus. I own all 10 seasons of MASH. I ripped them and added them to itunes. Before, I would click tv shows, I would see MASH listed once, then see the 10 seasons. Now I have 10 MASH seasons in the base tv shows directory ... and 10 columbo seasons and 8 magnum and ... you get the idea. The list is waaaaaaay longer. Any way to get it to show the old way?

I was wondering about that too. :(

bergmef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
North East, MD, USA
Only way is to let Apple know how you feel.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Already did. My fingers are crossed that they change it. I also submitted how I would like to see it, not that that matters but I thought I'd offer (after a couple glasses of wine). When I click on my computer, I'd love to see the exact same menu as the default but with 'my movies', 'my tv shows' ... the artwork at the top and all.

Oh well, back to my old apple tv. My neighbor will use this one till they update it.

thetruth1985

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2010

Wow! I didn't know anyone else in this world watched Columbo except for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.