Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Well, not really my first...been playing around with it for a few months now, but its the first one Ive posted here.. comments welcome.

Attachments

• wismer road covered bridge.jpg
    wismer road covered bridge.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 263

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I don't see "HDR" so much as I see "Circular Polarizer" or "ND Filter" ... which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on the look you're going for.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
wasnt really going for a full out, heavy duty HDR effect...that section of road is actually pretty dark, and I was trying to get a photo that brought out all the details that would normally be hidden by shadow..

G.T.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
wasnt really going for a full out, heavy duty HDR effect...that section of road is actually pretty dark, and I was trying to get a photo that brought out all the details that would normally be hidden by shadow..

Maybe upload the original midrange shot so people can compare. It will be more obvious then to see the change.

But yours makes a change from the horribly over processed shots, yours is more natural looking :)

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
It's not too bad for a first try, you definitely need to add some curves to some parts of the image.

Other than doing some sharpening, and adjusting exposure, saturation..etc Im not too familiar with image processing...I know there is a curves function on PS and aperture, but Im not sure what it does or how to apply it..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.