PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Gadgetholik
Oct 14, 2010, 02:39 AM
Thankyou all for replying to my queries regarding ipad apps.

txa1265
Oct 14, 2010, 07:32 AM
Hello,can anybody tell me how is the experience of zooming up an iphone game to the screen size of the ipad and playing it.Is it better than the iphone gaming experience or do i have to compromise a lot on graphics quality on the ipad?,also how do iphone specific apps look on the ipad?

There is no single answer to this question - some games play better, others play worse. Some apps scale nicely, others (e.g. facebook) look like a festering turd.

MacBH928
Oct 14, 2010, 04:14 PM
from my experience games work much better.
Doodle jump and Solomon Keep, are made for the iphone, yet they are very enjoyable on the ipad.

The apps are the problem, they look really ugly, i would say use it when necessary.
but a lot of apps are out of the iPad and they work really well

MadeTheSwitch
Oct 15, 2010, 12:20 PM
Some apps look really really good and very close to native iPad. While others look incredibly bad. So as the others have said, there is no one answer to this question. It's a game by game, app by app basis. So you just have to try the one out you like and hope for the best. Or read other people's reviews or try and find a video of it on youtube or something.

By and large though, I have been pretty happy with the upscaling feature.

petvas
Oct 15, 2010, 12:46 PM
As everybody else already said, some games look good and some bad. I still prefer native ipad apps and never use iphone games on my iPad.

Gadgetholik
Oct 16, 2010, 02:20 AM
There is no single answer to this question - some games play better, others play worse. Some apps scale nicely, others (e.g. facebook) look like a festering turd.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Mr Kram
Oct 16, 2010, 02:22 AM
generally, they look worse. the game play depends on the controls. anything with a virtual joy stick is tough for me because the ipad is too large. most games with direct touch control seem a little easier.