Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macfreak456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
TN
Hi,My Macbook battery thingy on top of my computer sreen says Service battery i clicked and it said something about my battery not functioning normally. It useually say it when my computer isn't fully charge but when it's charge it still says service battery. It started saying it last month but then it would go away now starting last week it started to say it again. My brother was going to take it into apple(he's a computer geek) but I don't think that's going to happen. Has this ever happen to anybody? This Mac isn't old(it's like 6 months)
;)

mr0c

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Virginia, US
I agree with miles01110, take it in, I had that message on my almost 2.5yr old macbook pro and I didn't do anything about it, after 3-4 months the battery died, the machine wouldn't even charge, so I HAD TO TAKE IT IN THEN ;)

They ran tests and found the battery was sub-par and replaced it and the charger at the same time (as applecare was still valid).

Macfreak456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
TN
I took my mac into Apple and they replaced the battery. The battery wasn't responding to thier system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.