Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G3-Pwnz-G4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
I have recently purchased an old PC Compatibility Card off of ebay, and am having a bit of trouble getting it setup. i've put it into a Beige G3 DT 266, and i've installed 1.6.1 PC setup software, setup a 1024mb PC HD, etc, and it says it's fine and all that, but when i try and switch over to the PC it just dims the screen and nothing happens. i saw what looked like a monitor out plug on the back with the typical apple monitor symbol, but it had 3 rows of pins, and to my knowledge apple monitors have always had 2 rows of pins (at least all of mine do).

Any help on why it's not working for me would be greatly appreciated.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
G3-Pwnz-G4 said:
I have recently purchased an old PC Compatibility Card off of ebay, and am having a bit of trouble getting it setup. i've put it into a Beige G3 DT 266, and i've installed 1.6.1 PC setup software, setup a 1024mb PC HD, etc, and it says it's fine and all that, but when i try and switch over to the PC it just dims the screen and nothing happens. i saw what looked like a monitor out plug on the back with the typical apple monitor symbol, but it had 3 rows of pins, and to my knowledge apple monitors have always had 2 rows of pins (at least all of mine do).

Any help on why it's not working for me would be greatly appreciated.

yea u have to have 2 monitor, its a vga port, i know i have one of those orange micro cards

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Some of those cards require a funky cable to hook up the monitor...

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=33001

33001_9.gif

Which plugs into the cards video port, the computer video port, and then the monitor.

G3-Pwnz-G4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
applemacdude said:
yea u have to have 2 monitor, its a vga port, i know i have one of those orange micro cards
lol, c'mon...give me some credit here. it's not a VGA port, trust me.

Thanks sun baked, that's what i needed to know :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.