PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Apple TV to work with Harmony Remote

Muttster
Oct 14, 2010, 07:34 PM
I'm hoping that someone here can help me out as I have spent several hours trying to get my Apple TV to work. I have a Harmon 550 and I have my Apple TV connected to my Harmon Kardon receiver via HDMI. I did all the right setup making sure that the Apple TV was the media center. When I use the remote, it switches my receiver to Media center mode, turns the TV on and to HDMI and I can see the light on the Apple TV. However, I do not see any screen, just a black void. The Apple TV is connected to the internet via ethernet and my powerline system so I assume its getting a signal. I have also tried it out in wireless mode and still, no luck.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated as this is getting very frustrating.

thetruth1985
Oct 14, 2010, 07:41 PM
Well I can't help you with the black screen but I just set up a 650 and the apple tv would not respond to it until I went into the Harmony menu and hit the unpair button. On the Harmony, just go to the apple tv in the devices menu and hit unpair.

georgee2face
Oct 14, 2010, 07:52 PM
ALSO, MAKE SURE THAT ITUNES IS RUNNING ON THE COMPUTER. i KNOW IT'S A DUH..JUST TO CHECK

Muttster
Oct 14, 2010, 08:35 PM
Itunes is running and I tried unpairing with no luck. I also tried plugging it in directly to my tv with no luck either. I would assume that if it was working properly, that I would at least get a welcome screen.