Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geordiejohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
hello i have got a Panasonic digital camcorder NV DS60 and i connected it to my Apple minimac 80gb 10.6.4 with snow leopard and it worked with iMovie,but when i try to export to a folder so i can put it to a dvd the export is grey because i cannot afford the full Ilife09.
Is there another free mac program i can use to somehow retrieve the video and put it to a folder in say mpeg form so i can get the video to a dvd ?
thank you.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
What iMovie version do you have?

I suppose you have one of the earlier Mac minis (Core Duo (1.66 o 1.83 GHz) or Core 2 Duo (1.83GHz)), thus you have an older version of iLife.

Can't you share the iMovie project with iDVD somehow? Have you taken a look at the help menus of both applications on how to properly get video from iMovie to iDVD?

Anyway, you can retrieve the captured video, but not the edit you might have made, via going to the Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Movies / iMovie folder and looking for the big folder or project file. If it is one big project file, right click on it and select "Show Package Contents".

Btw, you don't need to upgrade to iLife '09 to get full functionality, as the iLife version that came with your Mac is fully functional in itself.
Maybe you can elaborate on what exact steps you have take to export what video?

geordiejohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
i have used iDvd for the first time and i have created a project,i then copied the project to a removable hard drive and then transferred it to my laptop running with linux peppermint ice as i can only burn from my laptop as my mac is read only,some of the clips worked and some did not,i can see the whole movie using iDvd player but still struggling to get it to a dvd ?

geordiejohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
all ok now i used iMovie to get video and iSkysoft iMedia Converter to convert files to mpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.