Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
I just got the Apple TV first generation from Apple and it came running software 3.0.2 and I want to update it to 3.1.2 so I can use the Remote app to control it like this support document says. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1947 When I click the update button it says that the software is up to date. How do I get it to update to 3.1.2?

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
3.1.2 refers to the version of iOS running on your iPhone or iPad. 3.02 is the current version of software running on the first gen Apple TV.

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
Well that is good but then how do I get the remote app to work. I have 4.1 on my iPhone 4 and when I try to add it to the Apple TV it says the password is wrong when it clearly isnt.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Well that is good but then how do I get the remote app to work. I have 4.1 on my iPhone 4 and when I try to add it to the Apple TV it says the password is wrong when it clearly isnt.

That is not so clear from where I am sitting.

I just un-paired and re-paired my iPhone. When I add the library in remote on my phone (iOS 4.1 on 3G phone), the application displays a 4-digit code which I entered into the pairing screen on the Apple TV. That's it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.