PDA

View Full Version : ATV2 - LARGE Movie Folders = Slow Loading

Icculus
Oct 15, 2010, 09:33 AM
So I have hundres of concerts I have ripped into iTunes in a genre called Concerts under Movies. There are 400+ items in this folder and scrolling to this folder or even past this folder the ATV2 pauses for a while. Let's say I want to go to the thrillers genre, well I have to go past Concerts and it will pause on concerts for 30 seconds or so before going past it. I have fixed that error by putting z in front of concerts so its the last genre. However if I go to that genre and select it you are waiting 1-3 minutes for it to load and then scrolling pauses off and on if I want to get to the bottom of the list. This is kind of frustrating as I don't want to break up my concerts into several separate genres....anyone else seeing this?

mchalebk
Oct 15, 2010, 09:52 AM
I've heard of problems like this with large music playlists. My recommendation would be to break up the folder into several smaller folders, such as:

Concerts (A-F)
Concerts (G-L)
Concerts (M-R)
Concerts (S-Z)

newagemac
Oct 15, 2010, 10:05 AM
Or you could separate your concerts by Year.

Icculus
Oct 15, 2010, 04:44 PM
I've heard of problems like this with large music playlists. My recommendation would be to break up the folder into several smaller folders, such as:

Concerts (A-F)
Concerts (G-L)
Concerts (M-R)
Concerts (S-Z)

Yeah I guess this is my only option...argh, didn't want it to come to this....oh well.

thetruth1985
Oct 15, 2010, 06:57 PM
Why don't you give it a couple days before you do it. I have seen that lots of people come on here when they first get the new Atv complaining that the speed sux when loading large libraries. After a few days, most of those users say that the problems disappeared. I think the Apple tv takes a while to pre-cache the library and then after that, it should be fast. Of course this is just a theory and I have no way of proving it.

WiiDSmoker
Oct 15, 2010, 07:21 PM
Why don't you give it a couple days before you do it. I have seen that lots of people come on here when they first get the new Atv complaining that the speed sux when loading large libraries. After a few days, most of those users say that the problems disappeared. I think the Apple tv takes a while to pre-cache the library and then after that, it should be fast. Of course this is just a theory and I have no way of proving it.

This is actually what happens.