Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macissues101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2010
Hi All,
My Macbook is brand new but I have been having some trouble with the keyboard. Out of nowhere it seemed the keyboard started to act up. There is something wrong with both the "a" key and the delete button. They aren't working. They continuously redirect my initial strokes and cause my computer to be unresponsive. Some other icon always comes up instead of n "a" or the material being deleted. I did notice that I have that stupid Universal Access thing BUT I had gone ahead and turned off sticky and slow keys. Can someone help me solve this problem? It is a total pain in the ass. Thanks!

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Ah, the word "ass" is not censored. Hmm.

Anyway, have you looked at the Language & Text preferences and seen, what Input Source (keyboard layout) you have chosen?

Can you make another account and see, if the same happens there?

jmille44

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
Hi All,
My Macbook is brand new but I have been having some trouble with the keyboard. Out of nowhere it seemed the keyboard started to act up. There is something wrong with both the "a" key and the delete button. They aren't working. They continuously redirect my initial strokes and cause my computer to be unresponsive. Some other icon always comes up instead of n "a" or the material being deleted. I did notice that I have that stupid Universal Access thing BUT I had gone ahead and turned off sticky and slow keys. Can someone help me solve this problem? It is a total pain in the ass. Thanks!

I have the same problem. A and Delete key do not work.
Brand new Macbook Air 11" what is the solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.