Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koopa35

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
ive ripped movies b4 but ive never ripped a season tv show. if each disc has about 5 ep per disc how can i separate episodes and have individual files? ill be using handbreak to rip these disc.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Rip it normally just like you would a movie. You should see the episodes and rip them individually.
Get info in iTunes and under
Video fill in the blanks with show, season & episode
Options choose TV

koopa35

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Rip it normally just like you would a movie. You should see the episodes and rip them individually.
Get info in iTunes and under
Video fill in the blanks with show, season & episode
Options choose TV

sorry im not understanding 100% so are you saying rip them with HB like a movie. and then within the new file ill see the episodes and i must then rip them? again sorry for not understanding completely. shows arent my thing.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
If you are ripping the DVD (or a DVD image) within Handbrake, each episode is likely it's own DVD title. So you can select each title and add it to the queue and when all the titles (episodes) have been added, you can start the rip.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
1. If the disc you want to copy has 5 episodes, then select track 1, add to queue, select track 2, add to queue (and so on and so on).

screenshot20101016at939.png

koopa35

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
If you are ripping the DVD (or a DVD image) within Handbrake, each episode is likely it's own DVD title. So you can select each title and add it to the queue and when all the titles (episodes) have been added, you can start the rip.

1. If the disc you want to copy has 5 episodes, then select track 1, add to queue, select track 2, add to queue (and so on and so on).

screenshot20101016at939.png

thank for the clarification :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.