PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami donation now built right into iTMS!

nagromme
Jan 4, 2005, 01:36 AM
Very cool--you can now donate to the Red Cross (100% goes to them) with one click right within iTunes. See the top banner at the just-refreshed store page. You don't get sent to a Web page or anything--it's all built-in, and done via your iTunes account.

If they add more organizations, which I imagine they eventually will, then that will be even better!

Good for Apple.

Sir_Giggles
Jan 4, 2005, 03:04 AM
Hmmm tried in iTMS Canada. You get sent to the Canadian Apple home page.

nagromme
Jan 4, 2005, 07:44 AM
I expected to get sent to Apple's home page (which is still all disaster relief links--despite today's new Xserves and Xsan) but instead I got a new iTMS screen with metal buttons for one-click donation amounts from $5 to $200. So easy to make "impulse gifts"!

Maybe this built-in thing is US-only, though, and the Red Cross banner on other stores use a page at Apple.com?

asif786
Jan 4, 2005, 07:54 AM
Maybe this built-in thing is US-only, though, and the Red Cross banner on other stores use a page at Apple.com?

Yeah, I imagine it must be a US-only thing. They probably had to get into discussions with the credit card companies (to eliminate CC fees) so it was probably too much hassle to do this for all the stores.

It's a shame they didnt do this for the UK store. I'm a big impulse spender, and I would've loved to donate some more through iTMS :-/

Ah well.. :rolleyes:

/asif

gwuMACaddict
Jan 4, 2005, 08:07 AM
that is a really great feature! kudos to apple for making it even easier to help out with the relief effort

Mechcozmo
Jan 4, 2005, 08:54 AM
Linkety (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=102643&page=3)

But I guess I didn't start a thread on it... :rolleyes:

wdlove
Jan 4, 2005, 03:53 PM
Apple continues stepping up to the plate doing the right thing for the victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami. Making easy is important.

bennetsaysargh
Jan 5, 2005, 02:13 PM
i posted this in the other thread, but you can't use any pre paid money for donations. kinda got me upset a bit. come on, it's my money. let a relief victim buy a few songs off of itunes on me! :)

sushi
Jan 5, 2005, 08:40 PM
Making easy is important.
Yep. I just tried it and decided to make a donation to the ARC.

Simple. Like it!

Sushi