Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Hey guys, I wanted to ask for your opinion on these 2 cases. Which one do you prefer? The reason I ask is because I have been shopping around and have narrowed it down to these 2 cases. Lately, I've been leaning towards the Speck Pixelskin HD but I've heard that the lower lip sags after awhile :( The Incase Snap looks amazing, has a stand, and retains the sexyness of the iPhone 4, but what I kinda don't like is that it doesn't cover the top and bottom. What do you guys think?

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, I wanted to ask for your opinion on these 2 cases. Which one do you prefer? The reason I ask is because I have been shopping around and have narrowed it down to these 2 cases. Lately, I've been leaning towards the Speck Pixelskin HD but I've heard that the lower lip sags after awhile :( The Incase Snap looks amazing, has a stand, and retains the sexyness of the iPhone 4, but what I kinda don't like is that it doesn't cover the top and bottom. What do you guys think?

You won't have sagging issues if you put the phone in bottom first, I've had mine for 2 months and I always install it that way and I don't have the sag issue. I'd say PixelSkin. Its $5 Cheaper and covers the entire phone and its really not that thick either

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply :) Anyone else have feedback? I'd like to get a few more before I finally decide ^_^

fezparker

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2006
I have had the Pixelskin HD for 2 months and I take the phone in and out quite regular and I have no sagging issues with the bottom lip

601x106

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2008
Pixel HD. A good alternative would be the incipio smoke case from walmart. Cheaper and it's good protection. No sag issue.

ilovegoodnugz

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
get one of the rev.2 speck hd, sure someone will sell you one most who got them scammed speck for a rev.3 replacement which sucks. Rev.2 hard to put on but hard like abs and the bottom is stiff as a rock, love it.

candoal

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2010
Neither I say, "Be A Man!" go nude!

Both will catch and trap dust faster than you can say "What the…?!" then they will scratch the s*** out of your precious. Beautiful iPhone 4 don't deserve it - been there done that, since the first Contour iSee (for iPod 4G) back in 2004

arcturuz

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
i have both

when i first got my incase snap smoke, i thought it was the best case for the iphone.

when the speck pixelskin HD came after that, I thought it was the best case too.

it's tough; but i'm more favoured towards the pixelskin HD for now

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I say get the SGP Neo Matte Hybrid. It's much nicer than any of the cases being discussed here (I have all of them so I'm able to do a direct comparison). The SGP is nice and thin and if you get the Satin Silver you can really maintain the look of the phone since the case actually mimics the look of the phone itself.

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Thanks for all the input guys, but I decided to go with the Incase Snap Smoke for a number of reasons. The Speck Pixelskin HD is still awesome as well though :)

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Thanks for all the input guys, but I decided to go with the Incase Snap Smoke for a number of reasons. The Speck Pixelskin HD is still awesome as well though :)

Yeah overall the snap is the cleanest looking case you could get. It still looks like an iPhone 4 with it on too lol

THX10538

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2010
I use the Pixelskin HD, got it from the Case Program, and I love it. I also had an official Bumper, but that piece of crap is terrible.

I'd say go with the Pixelskin HD over a snap case, more protection.

If I was going to BUY a case though, I would probably get the Speck Geometric instead, cause I think that pattern looks cooler.

Or I'd get a SGP Neo Hybrid Matte, which looks like one of the nicest cases around, but I'm also a fan of the silicone/plastic hybrid cases, such as the Incipio Silicrylic or SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel

But I love the Pixelskin HD too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.