PDA

View Full Version : RSS Reader help: Byline replacement for Ipad (full offline cache)

craytonic
Oct 19, 2010, 08:48 PM
I purchased an iPad and love it. I also loved byline, a RSS reader, on my iphone. It has not been ported full screen to the iPad yet. I travel a good amount (trains, planes, etc) and need something that has very good caching ability for offline reading - both feeds and the linked pages. I have tried about 5 free ipad readers with no luck (Feedle, MobileRSS, etc). I have looked into some of the non-free ones (netnewswire, etc) but I don't want to pay $40 on a couple apps just trying to find one with the functionality I need.

Can anyone recommend a RSS reader for the iPad that (a) syncs with Google reader (b) caches feeds when downloaded and (c) caches the linked page when downloaded, similar to Byline for the iPhone? The last part is crucial as many feeds are truncated but if the linked page is also cached I can click through while offline and read it anyways.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I tried to search. Be gentle.

Fedorov
Oct 20, 2010, 02:07 AM
I think MobileRSS is what you are looking for, although check the features and their website first.... http://www.nibirutech.com