Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
so, I've made a few posts over the last couple of days about getting my phone sorted. Essentially, I inherited a phone from a friend of my dads, that I restored, then jailbroke, then unlocked and had a few nightmares. This morning I couldn't work out how to remove all the vodafone stuff from it and was just getting furious with the whole thing...

then, I noticed that the silent switch on the side wasn't working..I switched it, but nothing happened....so...even more annoyed now, I took it to my local apple store and waited in line while the person in front of me shouted and screamd at the rep about how crap his phone.

When I got to the guy he was almost shaking with fear, I started chatting about how incredibly unreasonable the person was and that I have realised that shouting and screaming doesn't work at all and it's not his fault that the phones supplied by a company he worked for sometimes fail. he apologised to me for his state and I just said, ok..take a moment to relax then when you're ready, come talk to me.

anyway, after giving him a few minutes to compose himself...I showed him the faulty button...he went away, we filled in some paperwork and I now have a brand spanking new iphone 4, sealed, unlocked just waiting for me to play with.

so, I went through all that pain yesterday, only to have a new phone a day later!!

first step...jailbreak!!

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
That's awesome that you were able to get a new phone, and factory unlocked like you got is definitely better than it being unofficially unlocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.