PDA

View Full Version : Will this "Mix and Match" work

johntommybob
Oct 21, 2010, 08:14 AM
I am about to purchase a new 13" Macbook Pro, mostly because my G4 Cube power source is dying a slow death. But it has a great 17" CRT Studio Display, and a new apple Keyboard. Locally on craigslist there is a fellow who is selling this:

"I'm posting my graphic design desktop computer for sale. I upgraded, so I'm going to give up this one. It is an Apple G4 Mirror Door 1.25 GHZ with Disc burning, 512 Ram, and all my design software/Office 2008 already installed. Dual Interface: DVI and ADC. It's running Leopard right now. This is a great computer and I hate to let it go, but I need the space. I can upgrade the ram for more cash."

The price seems right for the computer alone, and what I am wondering is will my display work on this computer. It's three times as fast as the cube and for dial up (all I can get where I live which is why I am still buying the Laptop) so it's fast enough.

And anything to be leery of here?

OrangeSVTguy
Oct 21, 2010, 07:26 PM
It will be a decent machine if you can get it for sub $100. Anything more than that is a waste. Is it a dual CPU? The only thing problematic with those are the noisy fans "wind tunnel" and PSUs were sometimes known to be bad. Your Cinema display will work since the MDD has an ADC port.

VanneDC
Oct 21, 2010, 11:39 PM
as Orange said,there noisy mofo's