PDA

View Full Version : Use iOS apps in 10.7 Dashboard?

jbg232
Oct 21, 2010, 02:09 PM
Is this something feasible? Does anyone think it will come?

I think a great feature would be to somehow merge widgets and iOS apps so that you can use iOS apps in dashboard. I know quite a few I would like to use like that.

Jessica Lares
Oct 21, 2010, 02:10 PM
I just noted this on another thread, sure why not? I think it'd be better than having to remake them for OS X.

lewis82
Oct 21, 2010, 02:56 PM
I just noted this on another thread, sure why not? I think it'd be better than having to remake them for OS X.

You have no choice to remake them. A Mac can't run iOS apps because they do not use the same processor architecture.

mrkramer
Oct 21, 2010, 03:29 PM
You have no choice to remake them. A Mac can't run iOS apps because they do not use the same processor architecture.

I don't know that they will but it seems like Apple could add a layer like rossetta to deal with this, Macs have much more powerful processors than the iPhone so there shouldn't be a problem with performance if you emulate the processor. Apple may not want to however, I think if they advertised this then people would be wondering why their games that use the accelerometer don't work in dashboard.

lewis82
Oct 21, 2010, 04:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Emulating a Nintendo 64 on my MBP brings the processor to 85 degreed celsius. An iPod touch is far more powerful than a Nintendo 64. The battery life hit won't be very appreciated by users...

iVoid
Oct 21, 2010, 06:59 PM
No, but I'm sure there will be plenty of .99 cent dashboard widgets in the Mac App Store.