Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
I bought a Keyspan Express Remote as a "house" Christmas present. I've hooked it up to my Airport Express, which connects to the home stereo system. I have it working, but I'm very disappointed in the limited control it provides for iTunes. There doesn't appear to be any way to change playlists, and you can only shuffle the main library. If you select a playlist in iTunes, then use the Express Remote, via Airport Express, to shuffle tracks, it switches iTunes back to your Library. Also, if you're in a playlist that has an MP3 stream in it, you can't go to the next or previous track in the playlist.

Anyway, I guess I'm hoping that I'm missing something, or someone out there knows of a hack for this thing. I know you can connect the receiver to your Mac and use it that way, but my Mac is too far away to run a USB cable to it to allow me to control iTunes from a different part of the house.

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been a great experience. When I heard about this product, I thought it was very promising and just the thing we had been waiting for to complement FCE.

I'm anxious to hear what others' experiences have been to determine if this is a product I'll be getting in the future.

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
mcmav37 said:
I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been a great experience. When I heard about this product, I thought it was very promising and just the thing we had been waiting for to complement FCE.

I'm anxious to hear what others' experiences have been to determine if this is a product I'll be getting in the future.

FCE? Final Cut Express? am I missing something?

daveL

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
ChrisFromCanada said:
FCE? Final Cut Express? am I missing something?
No, you're not, FCE has nothing to do with it, unless I'm missing the meaning of the acronym.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
Confirm?

OK, so how about anyone that can confirm my observations? I can't be the only person to buy this product for this purpose. Most of what I've read expected this thing to "fly off the shelves".

TIA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.