Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadder

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Get that kit for the random things (note that the chargers, extending cables and screen protectors will be garbage) and purchase a best skins ever. 9 bucks and same material. Just no water sprayer added. I used a cup of water with kitchen soap and sprayed it with my fingers (flicking them at the skin + screen) and it worked fine. Takes 2, 3 days for all bubbles to disappear so don't poke around a lot!

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Get that kit for the random things (note that the chargers, extending cables and screen protectors will be garbage) and purchase a best skins ever. 9 bucks and same material. Just no water sprayer added. I used a cup of water with kitchen soap and sprayed it with my fingers (flicking them at the skin + screen) and it worked fine. Takes 2, 3 days for all bubbles to disappear so don't poke around a lot!
All of the things in the kit look like garbage.... IMO. And I would recommend a BSE also, and you could also just but the solution in an empty spray bottle from Windex or something, but make sure it is thoroughly rinsed out.

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
All of the things in the kit look like garbage.... IMO. And I would recommend a BSE also, and you could also just but the solution in an empty spray bottle from Windex or something, but make sure it is thoroughly rinsed out.

I absolutely agree. BSE is quite good and the price is very reasonable too.

ipadder

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
I'm at a loss as to why they're not more popular....

marketing. zagg wins hands down there. also installation is much easier since it comes with the spray + card. i guess the little things matter a lot when taking about those.

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
marketing. zagg wins hands down there. also installation is much easier since it comes with the spray + card. i guess the little things matter a lot when taking about those.

Installation was just as easy without any spray. Just dip the BSE into a bowl of water, let it drip off and you're ready to go.

What I want to say is, those additions are pretty much redundant. And the result is the same.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I don't think a squeegee and some spray that you can home-make is worth $17....
Installation was just as easy without any spray. Just dip the BSE into a bowl of water, let it drip off and you're ready to go.

What I want to say is, those additions are pretty much redundant. And the result is the same.
And the $17 saved helps too. :)

ipadder

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
I don't think a squeegee and some spray that you can home-make is worth $17...

Of course it isn't worth that much.. but that may be what makes it more popular, in addition to all the marketing.

Plus Zagg consumers probably never even heard about BSE. I first used Zagg skin on my iPhone 2G and never heard about a BSE skin until the iPhone 4 came out.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
But this is what I am confused about. Why they aren't more popular.

It is marketing/advertising. They sell Zagg at Target and Best Buy. I never heard of BSE until I joined these forums. If you went into Best Buy to get a skin and the Zagg was sitting next to the BSE and the prices were what they are today, the BSE might gain some popularity...especially if the employees let people know they are just as good.

Captainidontno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
Thanks

I got a BSE and installed it.
Do I really have to wait 24 hrs until I can turn on my Ipod Touch?
I let it sit overnight for 12 hours so far.

Captainidontno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
all but some tiny soap bubbles on the back
the front is completely clear.
There isnt any liquid that I can see
It Looks completely dry

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.