Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idunnokyd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Hi all! Just purchased a stock 11.6" Air (2GB 64GB SSD). Here are some shots with other laptops. Let me know if you have any questions.

...added WEI score in the bottom.

mlPt2.jpg

My1XC.jpg

dmNQF.jpg

K2w89.jpg

SmYNF.jpg

08ZCK.jpg

1i1jR.jpg

l2pGW.jpg

vYYDm.jpg

dmJkq.jpg

LkSdI.jpg

bDcZU.jpg

dOc4k.jpg

also this:
d2ygy.jpg

WEI scores are:
Processor: 4.2
Memory: 4.9
Graphics: 5.0
Gaming Graphics: 5.9
Primary hard disk: 6.9

C64

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Nice, you can fit the MBA three times in that Alien Ware beast :p

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Please use the
edit.gif
button and add an "T" in front of every IMG tag, thus making it a TIMG and /TIMG tag to show us thumbnail versions of your images, which are clickable of course. That removes the horizontal scrolling from this thread and makes it easier to navigate, as the netiquette on many boards is to use images with a maximum width of 800 pixel or use the TIMG tags.

Example:
LkSdI.jpg
looks like [img]http://imgur.com/LkSdI.jpg[/img]​

idunnokyd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Please use the
edit.gif
button and add an "T" in front of every IMG tag, thus making it a TIMG and /TIMG tag to show use thumbnail versions of your images, which are clickable of course. That removes the horizontal scrolling from this thread and makes it easier to navigate, as the netiquette on many boards is to use images with a maximum width of 800 pixel or use the TIMG tags.

Example:
LkSdI.jpg
looks like [img]http://imgur.com/LkSdI.jpg[/img]​

Thanks for the hint :) .... and for doing it for me!

Aurora

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2003
USA
All Windoz laptop looks like a brick next to any Apple laptop, even the Macboo Pros.

Yeah, but it's not a very fair comparison with a few of them. The Alienware is a gaming laptop, and a pretty decent one at that (for its size).

It has a really sexy backlit keyboard too.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
No side-by-side with the MacBook Pros? (PS: Are those all yours? What do you do?)

idunnokyd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Yeah, but it's not a very fair comparison with a few of them. The Alienware is a gaming laptop, and a pretty decent one at that (for its size).

It has a really sexy backlit keyboard too.

Also, notice the "footprint" of each machine. All the Windows laptops in the pictures have about equal or smaller footprints than the Air.

The Fujitsu p7120 came out in Q4 2005 and was/is the best ultra-portable/sub-notebook I've owned. After I swapped the HD out with an SSD, it had no moving parts whatsoever; no fan too... Ah, the good old days.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Yr Blues said:
They could've sold a billion more Airs if they made it all black. :eek:

Nah, silver is the only way to go. The MacBook used to be in black, if it was truly that popular apple would have kept the black color or anodized e aluminum to black for their products. The silver aluminum stands out and is immediately recognized as an Apple product, there is a sea of black laptops with no immediate brand recognition...

LaLLLy

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
Nah, silver is the only way to go. The MacBook used to be in black, if it was truly that popular apple would have kept the black color or anodized e aluminum to black for their products. The silver aluminum stands out and is immediately recognized as an Apple product, there is a sea of black laptops with no immediate brand recognition...

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I and MANY other people loved Blackbooks.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008

You may be right from the marketing standpoint, but I always coveted my bro's BlackBook compared to my WhiteBook. :D Looks more bad-ass. Well, at least silver is less precious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.