PDA

View Full Version : can you use ipad editing apps to edit photos imported with the usb camera kit?

eroxx
Oct 23, 2010, 05:25 PM
?? Thanks!!

Corndog5595
Oct 23, 2010, 05:28 PM
They show up in your photo library, so they should work.

eroxx
Oct 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
and in terms of resolution, how does that work? IOW, if I import a picture from a 10mp camera and then use colorsplash, for example -- how will the result look, once I put it on a computer? Thanks!

Corndog5595
Oct 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
I honestly don't know. Just find a large picture online, save the photo, and then try it (if you haven't bought the connection kit yet).
It should come out in the same resolution.

zacksba
Oct 24, 2010, 08:20 AM
I use photogene to edit my photos that I import via the apple camera kit with no problem.

b.c.
Oct 25, 2010, 10:38 AM
yes, you can edit photos imported with the CCK using a number of 3rd party apps.

when importing using the CCK, the full-size original photos (whether JPG or RAW) are stored on the iPad and can later be uploaded to your computer at full original resolution.

However, on the iPad itself in the Photo album, an "optimized" version (about 2048 x something resolution) is made available for viewing and accessing on the iPad

AFAIK, any image editing app which accesses the iPad's Imported Photos album can only access these optimized/reduced versions. good enough for a quick edit then emailing or uploading somewhere. I don't use Photogene that another poster mentioned, but I have the CCK and have used a couple other apps I use for this purpose.

but as I said your full size originals still exist on the iPad and can be later retrieved on your computer