PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooh Phone app for ipad?

jb8thnote
Oct 23, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to use my ipad, along with windowsheild mount as a car dashboard. Great for a GPS, movies, music, and internet radio. However, I would love to be able to pair my black berry to my ipad and make and accept calls through the ipad with the built in microphone and speaker to complete my mock dashboard. Does anyone know of an app that would allow me to do this... its ok if i have to jailbreak it. Thnx. !

Amazing Iceman
Oct 23, 2010, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to use my ipad, along with windowsheild mount as a car dashboard. Great for a GPS, movies, music, and internet radio. However, I would love to be able to pair my black berry to my ipad and make and accept calls through the ipad with the built in microphone and speaker to complete my mock dashboard. Does anyone know of an app that would allow me to do this... its ok if i have to jailbreak it. Thnx. !

Sounds interesting, but I don't think there's an app for that yet.
Thinking about it, you may be better off getting a separate bluetooth kit with speakerphone for your phone, so every time you get a phone call you wouldn't have to interrupt your GPS, movie, music, etc., just to pick up a phone call.

I have a TomTom GPS that also works as a bluetooth handsfree speakerphone, but lately I have been experiencing weird problems with Bluetooth connectivity. Sometimes it will not connect, or say it's connected but you can't hear or the other end can't hear you. It's been a total pain!

tkingart
Oct 23, 2010, 10:11 PM
There is Whistler for the iPad, but I've only been able to get it to work with the internal speaker and microphone, the bluetooth headsets (Insignia and Motorola S9) I've tried work with music playback, you can hear music through the headsets in the iPod music app, but Whistler just doesn't seem to recognize a bluetooth headset is connected, forcing you to talk speakerphone style, for all to hear.

old-wiz
Oct 24, 2010, 09:16 AM
I shudder at the thought of a clueless driver mounting an iPad via windshield mount and then watching movies while driving. I'm sure the police would not be happy about it either. We see people holding books on the steering wheel and driving down the interstate, people holding cell phones and texting while driving in heavy traffic, and morons drinking coffee and talking on cell phones and driving in traffic.

Whatever happened to paying attention to the road and not crashing into things?

jb8thnote
Oct 24, 2010, 12:39 PM
I see myself as a very responsible driver. I would use the ipad for GPS and music more than a movie.. that would be more so for the entertainment of the front passenger.

sapporobaby
Oct 24, 2010, 01:42 PM
I see myself as a very responsible driver. I would use the ipad for GPS and music more than a movie.. that would be more so for the entertainment of the front passenger.

Heaven forbid you have to actually talk to them while driving.

molecat
Nov 4, 2010, 04:30 PM
Actually this would be a very useful app in my field, which is classroom audio systems. By making each iPad/iPod in the classroom a Bluetooth headset, we can allow sharing of audio without having to pass a microphone around.