PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How much time do you waste in Macrumors

dvdh
Jan 6, 2005, 11:53 AM
Alright, I want to start a new poll.

The question is: How time do you spend (waste, according to my wife) in Macrumors in a typical day?

1) less than 10 minutes
2) 10 to 30 minutes
3) 30 - 59 minutes
4) 1 to 2 hours
5) 2 to 5 hours
6) more than 5 hours
7) Haven't left since joining.

If there are enough results, I'll tally them up and split them by membership level and average time per post.

wordmunger
Jan 6, 2005, 11:54 AM
Definitely 1-2 hours. Ouch. That's a lot of time, when you think about it.

dvdh
Jan 6, 2005, 11:54 AM
. . .
3) 30 - 59 minutes
. . . .

But today is an exceptional day, I have definitely gone over my 59 minutes . . .

Thats between 180 and 360 hours a year or 7.5 to 15 days. Ouch is right.

gwuMACaddict
Jan 6, 2005, 11:55 AM
i'd say about an hour, give or take. :D

Blue Velvet
Jan 6, 2005, 12:03 PM
Option 5) 2-5hrs

:eek:

Only because I'm on holiday, getting over a cold, and not because I'm some lazy, feckless individual with dirty dishes in the kitchen sink... :o

PlaceofDis
Jan 6, 2005, 12:04 PM
probably between one and two hours......but then again im browsing Macrumors and other sites at the same time....

emw
Jan 6, 2005, 12:09 PM
probably between one and two hours......but then again im browsing Macrumors and other sites at the same time....

Personally, I object to the term "waste" - the time I spend here is devoted to personal and professional enlightenment, and enriches my life. ;) Well, except for the gimmick thread. And maybe the who is edesignuk thread, and, um... Okay, I guess waste is appropriate!

That being said, I spend about an hour or two a day actively doing anything here. Excluding the weekends, during which I'm essentially non-existent here.

edesignuk
Jan 6, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evidently...way too much :eek:

sorryiwasdreami
Jan 6, 2005, 12:13 PM
Realistically, the tab stays open for 1-2 hours while I'm working on the computer. I don't really spend 1 or 2 hours of continuous time.

zelmo
Jan 6, 2005, 01:37 PM
During the week, I'm logged in probably 2-5 hours, but only actively reading or posting for more like 30-59 minutes.
Everyone needs a hobby, right?

gallagb
Jan 6, 2005, 01:52 PM
choice 2 - when i'm on the road
choice 3 or 4 when i'm @ home.

realityisterror
Jan 6, 2005, 01:55 PM
mostly 3) 30-59 minutes... sometimes more... if it is more, i'm usually ichatting at the same time...

can we make this a poll? i thought those were enabled now??

reality

deryk
Jan 6, 2005, 02:48 PM
3) 30 - 59 minutes

Some days more, some less. You'd never know this by my low posting number.

rueyeet
Jan 6, 2005, 04:02 PM
Depends on my level of workload vs boredom; can be anywhere from ten minutes to two hours.

Lately I've been busy workwise and preoccupied with other amusements, so my posts have been less.

zulgand04
Jan 6, 2005, 06:10 PM
Normaly 1-2 hours, throughout the day reading the msg boards.

-Neal

Mechcozmo
Jan 6, 2005, 06:55 PM
Way too long.

But it isn't time wasted, merely "mismanaged"

crazzyeddie
Jan 6, 2005, 09:12 PM
30-59 minutes.

spikeovsky
Jan 7, 2005, 09:08 AM
Mostly choice 2 or 3, but today, as some may have noticed, i'm into number 5 territory (finished exams, on break for 6 weeks). Apologies to those who may be tiring of my numerous and wordy posts :). I'm just trying to get rid of that "newbie" tag...

EDIT: But I'm not spamming! Really! Am I? :eek:

jsw
Jan 7, 2005, 09:13 AM
1) less than 10 minutes
4) 1 to 2 hours
5) 2 to 5 hours
6) more than 5 hours

For chunks of time in the past (a few months between April and June, a month and a half around October), it was (1) - essentially zero time at all.

On days I work at work and not at home, it's (4).

"Work at home" days: it often pushes into (5).

During the silly edesignuk stalker (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=1197310#post1197310) thread, it went well into (6).

MacDawg
Jan 7, 2005, 09:17 AM
My wife says "way too much"

Some days, several hours
Usually an hour or more per day
1-2 hours

Woof, Woof - Dawg

Diatribe
Jan 7, 2005, 09:17 AM
Usually 30 minutes. During keynote weeks... over 3-4 hrs. :eek:

dvdh
Jan 7, 2005, 09:18 AM
Well it looks like this one has kind of died off . . . oh well.

I charted the 16 responses anyways, and will update if the thread comes back to life.

BTW, EDesignUK and Mechcozmo, I put you both at more that 5 hours . . . you can object if you like, but there might be some people who would object to your objection too ;)

The chart is current to crazzyeddie's post (#17) and I will update when there are 10 or so more responses.

edesignuk
Jan 7, 2005, 09:20 AM
BTW, EDesignUK and Mechcozmo, I put you both at more that 5 hours . . . you can object if you like, but there might be some people who would object to your objection too ;)
I wouldn't object. I have MR open all day while I'm at work, and between fixing peoples problems, I check and post on MR. Fixing problems and MR keep me busy all day.

edit: So, if I'm not fixing Windows problems in the office for a couple thousand users, I'm *trying* to help with Mac problems on here...hmmmm...there's something wrong here.

dvdh
Jan 7, 2005, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't object. I have MR open all day while I'm at work, and between fixing peoples problems, I check and post on MR. Fixing problems and MR keep me busy all day.

We need people like you to hold this 'place' together, so keep up the good work.

MacDawg
Jan 7, 2005, 09:29 AM

And sometimes you are fixing people's problems ON the MR Forums.

I know you've helped me at times on the board and in PM.

Thanks for the time you invest here as opposed to wasting. ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg

jsw
Jan 7, 2005, 09:32 AM
Well it looks like this one has kind of died off . . . oh well.

I charted the 16 responses anyways, and will update if the thread comes back to life.

The chart is current to crazzyeddie's post (#17) and I will update when there are 10 or so more responses.If you need the most common number for me, it would likely be 2-5 hours. I do other things while on, but I'd say I'm considered "online" by MR a good 2-5 hours a day.

MacDawg
Jan 7, 2005, 09:35 AM
If you need the most common number for me, it would likely be 2-5 hours. I do other things while on, but I'd say I'm considered "online" by MR a good 2-5 hours a day.

I could track you jsw, to see if you're lying...

Wait, ooops, that's not right... you could track me!
I got confused there for a minute.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

emw
Jan 7, 2005, 09:35 AM
If you need the most common number for me, it would likely be 2-5 hours. I do other things while on, but I'd say I'm considered "online" by MR a good 2-5 hours a day.

That's how it is for me - I generally log in when I get to work and log off when I leave, but have it on for the majority of the day. Actual time spent looking at or responding to the forum is generally in the 1-2 hours/day category.

AppleMatt
Jan 7, 2005, 10:43 AM
More when I have work to do (like now) because it gives me something else to think about.

Then I get to panic and be in a mood later on because I haven't done any work and the only person I've got to blame is myself.

AppleMatt

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 7, 2005, 10:45 AM
Way to much time in my wife's opinion but where else you going to go to keep on Mac, World news and happenings.Arn has a Great site and wouldnt be surprised if Jobs was jealous. ;)

Lord Blackadder
Jan 7, 2005, 11:19 AM
I'm usually on MR at work, so put me down for #5. Hey, I'm getting PAID while I surf, so how's that a WASTE? :D

jsw
Jan 7, 2005, 11:19 AM
I could track you jsw, to see if you're lying...

Wait, ooops, that's not right... you could track me!
I got confused there for a minute.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
No way! I think using my full tracking powers would result in getting me Banned - and I'd hate that! I was really spooked a few days ago, when the forums crashed around midnight and I couldn't get on (the site told me I was banned, but I think that might have been a glitch).

Of course, I could write a little program that only checked every 19 minutes (I think the timeout is 20?) and let you know how often you're considered online... that wouldn't be considered excessive use. ;)

But, no, I only tracked the fox's, and now I track no one. But that software is still there, waiting for when a new MR arch-enemy threatens another member....

dvdh
Jan 7, 2005, 05:18 PM
I added a new row for "too much in my wife's opinion." (I'm sure a few of us are honorary members to that one in addition to what we may have already voted ;) )

Oh, and since no one has posted since 12:19 this afternoon, I guess I might be guilty of bumping with this post, but what the heck.

virividox
Jan 8, 2005, 12:28 AM
far too much time that i should be spending studying!!!

Vader
Jan 8, 2005, 11:51 AM
I'd say only 30 minutes, I have other things to do.

Daveway
Jan 8, 2005, 11:53 AM
I would say 2-5 hours because thats usually my average per day for being on the net and when i'm on my computer i'm on Macrumors.

Savage Henry
Jan 8, 2005, 12:13 PM
Used to be option 5) - up to five hours .... but now I'm lucky to get option 2). :(

cluthz
Jan 8, 2005, 12:15 PM
Usually 30-59mins, but the last days it has been 2++ hours

wPod
Jan 8, 2005, 02:33 PM
choice 4
1-2 hours

and on that note, im going to go outside and get fresh air, the sun is out, why am i not?!!?!?!?

www.geocahcing.com

yes i am a nerd, but arent we all???!!?!!?

AnewMac
Jan 8, 2005, 08:17 PM
I spend an hour lurking, rarely posting due to my little known (but growing) knowledge of apple!

cheekyspanky
Jan 8, 2005, 08:20 PM
2 - 5 hours a day I'd say. I use it as a way of avoiding my coursework which isn't so good I guess.. :rolleyes:

I don't normally log on for just one period a day though, I check back whenever I get bored so maybe 2 or 3 times a day. I should get out more.

Hoef
Jan 8, 2005, 08:38 PM
3.... arghhh

neilrobinson
Jan 8, 2005, 11:27 PM
5) 2 to 5 hours

weekends more, prob 6 hours a day, work days less prob only 3 hours.

which is about an avd of 4 hours a day... :rolleyes:

russed
Jan 9, 2005, 07:34 AM
prob 2 - 5 hours a day i would say. well that is when i am at uni. when i am at home maybe 10 mins a day if im lucky. i must waste far too much of my life! oh well at least im not the only one!

Zaty
Jan 9, 2005, 10:16 AM
I'd say 2-5 hours, sometimes less when I'm at uni, sometimes more when I work at home.

dvdh
Jan 9, 2005, 01:18 PM
Here's the current graph . . . .

killuminati
Jan 9, 2005, 02:26 PM
About 30-59 minutes.

ipacmm
Jan 9, 2005, 02:50 PM
3) 30 - 59 minutes

dubbz
Jan 9, 2005, 06:21 PM

Usually less than an hour. More when there's been interesting news/events, but that's the exception.

It was probably #4 or #5 a few months ago. (Worked in customer service; some evenings where there were very few calls and not much other work to do... MacRumors to the rescue ;))

mms
Jan 9, 2005, 08:52 PM
30-59, usually.

I figure it has a direct correlation to the amount of work I have to do. When I'm in the middle of a set of projects, I might do no more than just glance at the home page for weeks at a time. On some days, such as on a rainy Sunday with absolutely nothing to do, I can go well into four hours or so.

Mal
Jan 9, 2005, 09:36 PM
On an average day, no more than about 2 minutes, so I guess option 1. Some days up to an hour, but that's rare.

I used to spend a lot more time though.

jW

ravenvii
Jan 9, 2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks to MWSF, not even I want to know the answer to this question! :eek:

I'll probably go back to the normal half a hour or so a day after MWSF is said and done.

~Shard~
Jan 10, 2005, 10:42 PM
Number 3) for me. Sometimes it's a lot more, sometimes it's not at all for a few days, but in general, probably about an hour. :cool:

virividox
Jan 11, 2005, 05:37 AM
gah now that its exam time im spending more and more time on macrumors!!! and it doesnt help its MWSF 05!!! gah

bartelby
Jan 11, 2005, 08:14 AM
Depending on how much work I'm meant to be doing:

number 4 or 5

Daniel Ponech
Jan 11, 2005, 11:33 PM
...*NONE* of the time I spend on MacRumours is wasted! :rolleyes:

florencevassy
Jan 21, 2005, 05:45 PM
10 - 30 minutes in a Typical day. If I am having a quiet afternoon at home then about 30 minutes. I was going through Mac OS X for dummies but I have learned much more here !! :)

The question is: How time do you spend (waste, according to my wife) in Macrumors in a typical day?

1) less than 10 minutes
2) 10 to 30 minutes
3) 30 - 59 minutes
4) 1 to 2 hours
5) 2 to 5 hours
6) more than 5 hours

If there are enough results, I'll tally them up and split them by membership level and average time per post.[/QUOTE]

maya
Jan 21, 2005, 05:48 PM
I don't spend enough time here on MR. :o :(

1) less than 10 minutes

tech4all
Jan 21, 2005, 05:49 PM
1) less than 10 minutes
2) 10 to 30 minutes
3) 30 - 59 minutes
4) 1 to 2 hours
5) 2 to 5 hours
6) more than 5 hours

Probably: 6) more than 5 hours a day. :eek: :o

mymemory
Jan 21, 2005, 08:37 PM

The same here, probably the double in general.

~Shard~
Jan 21, 2005, 11:31 PM
I wish I could spend more time on here like I used to, but so far for 2005, I just haven't been on much - and there has been lots to talk about as well! I used to try and get in an average of 5 posts a day or so, skipping the odd day here and there, but posting 10+ posts every once and a while too. But I haven't been on in a couple weeks now (only sparingly) so who knows how the rest of the year will go...

hsilver
Jan 22, 2005, 10:11 PM
I spend about 30 -45 minutes a day. My wife thought it was an addiction but now that she is waiting for the next powerbook upgrade, she is spending more time on it than me and my time has gone down because she reports all the news to me. We're a happily Mac-addicted family. Now if I can get my son to buy an iBook instead of a PC Laptop...

~Shard~
Jan 23, 2005, 12:19 AM
I spend about 30 -45 minutes a day. My wife thought it was an addiction but now that she is waiting for the next powerbook upgrade, she is spending more time on it than me and my time has gone down because she reports all the news to me. We're a happily Mac-addicted family. Now if I can get my son to buy an iBook instead of a PC Laptop...

Heh heh - my girlfriend has made the same comment as well about it being an addiction. However, when I find useful info on the Forum, or get answers to some of her questions, she doesn't seem to mind much... ;)

AmigoMac
Jan 23, 2005, 03:31 PM
Everyday is really different but average, let's say 1.5 - 2 Hours, not just reading and writing but learning and getting good info. :)

Nickygoat
Jan 23, 2005, 03:47 PM
Heh heh - my girlfriend has made the same comment as well about it being an addiction. However, when I find useful info on the Forum, or get answers to some of her questions, she doesn't seem to mind much... ;)
Got to agree on that. About 2-3 hours a day on average - just lurking usually and picking up things I didn't know - whats that - option 5?

Lacero
Jan 23, 2005, 03:56 PM
Wow, 1-2 hours is a lot! That's like taking in a movie per day. We all know how productive that can be.

Nickygoat
Jan 23, 2005, 04:06 PM
Wow, 1-2 hours is a lot! That's like taking in a movie per day. We all know how productive that can be.
Says the man who's averaging 26 posts a day :D

~Shard~
Jan 23, 2005, 04:24 PM
Got to agree on that. About 2-3 hours a day on average - just lurking usually and picking up things I didn't know - whats that - option 5?

Yah, it's a good mix of being kept up to date on upcoming releases, events, announcements, etc., learning lots, helping people out, and of course getting into arguments with people - that's always fun too. :cool:

~Shard~
Jan 23, 2005, 04:26 PM

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Mr. 77 Posts in 2 Days. How productive have you been these past couple days? :p :cool:

Lacero
Jan 23, 2005, 04:27 PM
Yes, last two days I have been very unproductive. And your point?

Nickygoat
Jan 23, 2005, 04:48 PM
How long did it take you to post all your replies? Why waste all that time? ;)

dvdh
Jan 24, 2005, 07:35 AM
Thought that this had died off, but it seems to have come back to life in the last few days. . .

So here are the results as of post #71:

~Shard~
Jan 24, 2005, 07:44 AM

I just found it amusing that you told someone that 1 or 2 hours was a lot of time to be on the forum, when you yourself have obviously been on just as much if not more - just a nice example of hypocrisy, that's all.

But there's nothing wrong with that at all - you can feel free to waste your time however you see fit... :p :cool:

Eevee
Jan 25, 2005, 01:49 PM
Spend 1-2 hours total at work. Sometimes I lost track since I'm on MR waiting for experiments to be done.

When I come home, I spend additional 1-2 hrs on MR.

My wife, too, believes I'm wasting my time.

liketom
Jan 26, 2005, 03:50 PM
well i get to work around 9am and i have lunch at 11.30 then back on around 12 then off home around 4-5 depending what i feel like !

i tend to have Macrumors open in my browser along with Ebay in another and my webmail account in another and then my google searches goes on in another .

ANSWER = TOO MUCH

tom

Platform
Feb 1, 2005, 07:14 AM
Proberly too much :eek: but, why not if it is bad weather :rolleyes:

parrothead
Feb 1, 2005, 01:18 PM
I would say I spend 1-2 hours on a typical day browsing around the site.

fanbrain
Feb 3, 2005, 04:08 PM
Normally a couple hours every other day (because every other day I have a three hour break between classes where I can sit at a Dual 2Ghz and fly around on the campus' T1).

zelmo
Jun 16, 2005, 10:54 AM
Setting aside the time I spend working (well, actually doing work ;) ), sleeping, and taking care of other obligations (time with family, chores, shopping, etc.), I have perhaps 2 hours on a typical day to do other things (play games, read, watch TV/movies, etc.).
Out of that time, I bet I spend 1 to 1.5 hours using my Macs just for fun, and more than half of that time is spent on MR.
This does not include the time at work where I take my break or am feeling too damn lazy to do some real work. That time probably adds up to another hour a day actively looking at or posting in MR forums.

How 'bout you?

PlaceofDis
Jun 16, 2005, 10:59 AM
my free time, that is not spent with my gf, is spent either playing my new gamecube, on here, or enjoying the nice weather we have finally been having here in Chicago. i have not been around here as much as i used to be (blame Metriod Prime for that) but as i settle into my new job i have been splitting my time more and more so i guess eveyone here will have to put up with me more again hehe

during the school year i was here for probably a few hours a day everyday (3 hours min if not more....) but then again the weather was horrible at that time so i was indoors killing time too

yellow
Jun 16, 2005, 11:00 AM
"Too much" will be my official answer. :D

jared_kipe
Jun 16, 2005, 11:48 AM
I think the problem is that I spend too much time online in general.

iGary
Jun 16, 2005, 11:52 AM
I probably spend an hour or two here in total every day.

I'm normally on a computer from the time I get to work, till the time I go to bed at night.

SpaceMagic
Jun 16, 2005, 12:11 PM
Way too much. Call me sad, but I have MacRumors open in a Tab the whole time im on my computer... BTW... on my computer about 16 hours of the day ;)

wrldwzrd89
Jun 16, 2005, 12:15 PM
I'd estimate that I spend at least 1 hour here every day - sometimes as many as 6 hours (those are the days I post 40+ times; I've posted 50 times in one day twice before).

emw
Jun 16, 2005, 12:17 PM
Thread cross-reference: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=103671

But to answer the question, probably about 2 hours a day on most days. Some more than others, depending on my level of boredom and if I'm traveling, which has been significantly less lately, so I'm here more often. Sorry about that...

[Moderator note: Threads are now merged.]

edesignuk
Jun 16, 2005, 12:35 PM
I spend all day at work sitting in front of the computer, between actual work I flick back to Firefox and see what's going on here, also keep an eye on my gmail inbox for any reports of you lot misbehaving :eek: :D :p So I'm generally hanging round all day (browser window open), just having a flick through now and then between doing other things.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jun 16, 2005, 12:42 PM
Another answer along the lines of "too much"... ;)

When I'm home and awake, I usually have my iBook within reach. Most often with MR in one or more open tabs in Safari/Firefox... :o

wordmunger
Jun 16, 2005, 12:51 PM
I use MR to clear my brain between writing tasks, on and off throughout the day. If I added up the total number of hours... well, that would be very scary. But typically I still manage to write several pages of "real" writing a day, which adds up to a pace of over a book a year.

takao
Jun 16, 2005, 12:52 PM
I spend all day at working sitting in front of the computer, between actual work I flick back to Firefox and see what's going on here, also keep an eye on my gmail inbox for any reports of you lot misbehaving :eek: :D :p So I'm generally hanging round all day (browser window open), just having a flick through now and then between doing other things.

yeah pretty much the same (minus the misbehaving thing ;)) when i'm not in university i nearly always have a tab open ... even now when i should be learning ....
so it's along "too much" as well

StarbucksSam
Jun 16, 2005, 12:57 PM
I'm on MacRumors like 6 hours a day lately.

crap freakboy
Jun 16, 2005, 01:17 PM
Less than a hour. I don't have much free time. MR is addictive though, I need to get out more.

noaccess
Jun 16, 2005, 03:04 PM
I can already see it in Science: American Psychiatric Association announces a new psychiatric disorder: Mac Rumors Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Treatment: Mac deprivation :eek:.

Patmian212
Jun 16, 2005, 04:02 PM
I spend all day at work sitting in front of the computer, between actual work I flick back to Firefox and see what's going on here, also keep an eye on my gmail inbox for any reports of you lot misbehaving :eek: :D :p So I'm generally hanging round all day (browser window open), just having a flick through now and then between doing other things.
Hey edesignuk is it just me or for the past 2 weeks or so you havent been posting on MR as much as you usually do?

I spend about 4 hours a day on MR.

Applespider
Jun 16, 2005, 04:33 PM
At work, I flip back and forth every couple of hours to see what's happening. I'm most productive in the morning when all the Americans are asleep and the forums are relatively quiet...

At home... it depends on what else I have to do. If there's a good movie on, friends coming round, stuff to do, not a lot of time here. If I'm trying to put off doing the dishes, springcleaning, doing some work, quite a lot of time!

dubbz
Jun 16, 2005, 05:29 PM
Currently unemployed, so I have tons of free time... much (most?) of which is spent in front of a computer. MacRumors certainly takes a great chunk of that time.

In my previous job I spent almost all the time in front of a computer, and I always had MR in its own browser window for easy Alt-Tab access. :p

I'd rather not think about how many hours that amounts to.... :eek:

noel4r
Jun 16, 2005, 06:53 PM
I spend about an half an hour to an hour here everyday reading and posting sometimes. This is daily escape from my ever so boring job. Also, this site convinced me to switch so I would like to thank the founders of the site, the people who maintain it and the Macrumors community....

StarbucksSam
Jun 16, 2005, 10:37 PM
Option 6.

dotdotdot
Jun 16, 2005, 10:41 PM
1 to 2 hours, sometimes even more!

mad jew
Jun 16, 2005, 10:50 PM
I'm on MacRumors like 6 hours a day lately.

Option 6.

You might wanna cut back. It looks like you've gone loony; posting the same thing twice within a few hours. :(

Meh, can't blame you, I'm mad myself. :D

michaelrjohnson
Jun 17, 2005, 12:59 AM
September through May: 2 hours weekly
June through August: about 2 hours (active) daily.

My semesters are just too rough to be killing time on MR. I love it, or I wouldn't keep coming back (Coming up on 5 years now :eek: ). Overall, I must say, MR is by far the best Mac community.

All in all, I'm glad to be back for the summer... full-time!

drewel
Jun 17, 2005, 07:45 AM
less than 10 minutes per day. But I love the news I find here.

FoxyKaye
Jun 17, 2005, 04:12 PM
2) 10 to 30 minutes

Dagless
Jun 19, 2005, 02:20 PM
too much. just always excited about what Apple are gonna release next i suppose!

ITASOR
Jun 19, 2005, 02:50 PM
2-5 hours :o

~Shard~
Jun 19, 2005, 03:18 PM
2-5 hours :o

Per week or per day? :p ;)

zap2
Jun 19, 2005, 04:25 PM
i waste no time on MR, i have gained such grreat info on macs from this site

jalagl
Jun 19, 2005, 05:41 PM
I would like to go with "1) less than 10 minutes". I at least browse quickly to see what's new.

On a day like today, though, when I get stuck at an airport for several hours waiting for a delayed flight, this is what keeps me sane :D

dsharits
Jun 19, 2005, 06:34 PM
i waste no time on MR, i have gained such grreat info on macs from this site
Agreed. It is never a waste of time here. There is a wealth of information, so much to be gained and contributed here.

biohazard6969
Jun 19, 2005, 07:12 PM
sooooooo scary, prbly more than 5 hours, i love the site :D

wdlove
Jun 19, 2005, 09:08 PM
I'm probably on MacRumors in the 3 - 5 hour range per day and that is 7 days a week. I don't consider it to be a waste of time. Able to learn a lot of Apple/Mac information. It keeps me younger because of the members.

buryyourbrideau
Jun 19, 2005, 09:32 PM
im on about an hour a day. i usually check my user CP everytime i open safari, check my subscribed threads and then hit the new posts link a few times. see if there is anything interesting at the moment, if there is then of course ill stick around to answer a ? or 2 or participate in a discussion, if not......well then im out!

jiv3turkey748
Jun 19, 2005, 11:35 PM
1-2 hours sometimes more than that but thats just because its summer and im up until 2 in the morning everyday with nothing to do during the school year i only spend 30mins a day at the most

evilernie
Jun 20, 2005, 03:57 PM
Waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much. At least when work is slow.

I'd say 1-2 hours.

Ashapalan
Jun 20, 2005, 06:24 PM
A good relaxing hour

After G
Jun 20, 2005, 08:54 PM
I would say between option (6) and (7). I don't spend so much time on the forums that I don't leave to do things, but I like to lurk a LOT, especially in the wee hours of the morning. A lot of my posting is at night ... haha

shadowmoses
Jul 11, 2005, 05:32 AM
On holidays i'd spend 2-5 hours daily (closer to 2 than 5 though)

When im busy i will try and spend 30-60 minutes here a day..

I find it very relaxing and a great place to gain knowledge...

ShadOW ;)

20rogersc
Jul 11, 2005, 05:39 AM
1) less than 10 minutes
2) 10 to 30 minutes
3) 30 - 59 minutes
4) 1 to 2 hours
5) 2 to 5 hours
6) more than 5 hours

I would say (4), but thats only because I've just finished my GCSE's and havn't got anything else to do!!

::20ROGERSC::

*.abe
Jul 11, 2005, 09:08 AM
Over the course of a day, maybe Option 3 - I browse a lot, but this particular forum has something interesting about it that just wants me to stay around and contribute!

aboutthat
Jul 11, 2005, 09:18 AM
Option 4, methinks

Having a boss on vacation is definitely conducive to a good hour or two at work ;) Also, having to render video means that I can't actually work on the real computer, so that frees up a bit more time hehe.

Oh, and I've gotten very good at freecell recently :p

ham_man
Jul 11, 2005, 09:20 AM
2-5 hours per day during the summer, and probaly 1 hour per day during the school year...

xsedrinam
Jul 11, 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm probably on MacRumors in the 3 - 5 hour range per day and that is 7 days a week. I don't consider it to be a waste of time. Able to learn a lot of Apple/Mac information. It keeps me younger because of the members.

Words from the sage. I would consider time spent on MR (30-45 min/day) as "time invested". Not only is there a two-way street for direct Q&A, over time I find trends and knowing what's being talked about among computer users to be very helpful information.
X

xli_ne
Jul 11, 2005, 03:09 PM
4. 1 to 2 hours a day.

I'm never really on during the weekends. Maybe 15 min. tops. During the week though, quite a bit more. I check, recheck, and check again macrumors all day long.

Eevee
Jul 11, 2005, 04:07 PM
Way too....much (2-5 hrs), but lov'n it! :D

iBlue
Jul 13, 2005, 01:34 AM
I don't consider the time I spend here a waste, but I think on average I spend a half-hour to an hour a day on MR. there is always such a great variety of things to see, and such helpful posts, I love this place!

rt_brained
Jul 14, 2005, 12:42 AM
Macrumors? Never heard of the place.

Doctor Q
Jul 14, 2005, 01:34 AM
Macrumors? Never heard of the place.You've probably been spending your time talking about Macs over at www.pcrumors.com (http://www.pcrumors.com/), right?

dylomel
Jul 14, 2005, 01:39 AM
thats cool that "pcrumors" DOES EXIST !!!!!!!!!!LOL

iDM
Jul 14, 2005, 07:33 AM
1-2 hours probably in total

~Shard~
Jul 14, 2005, 07:37 AM
I don't know why you guys waste so much time on MacRumors, the site I spend all of my time on is AppleRumors (http://www.applerumors.com/) - far superior. :cool:

mad jew
Jul 14, 2005, 07:42 AM
I don't know why you guys waste so much time on MacRumors, the site I spend all of my time on is AppleRumors (http://www.applerumors.com/) - far superior. :cool:

Nah, but AppleRumors means you have to read about the boring old iPods. MacRumors is purely Mac! :D

~Shard~
Jul 14, 2005, 08:01 AM
Nah, but AppleRumors means you have to read about the boring old iPods. MacRumors is purely Mac! :D

Funny, I never saw the difference... :p

mad jew
Jul 14, 2005, 08:03 AM
Funny, I never saw the difference... :p

Well, you've gotta put MacRumors and MacBytes on your ignore list.