Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

domanyi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Hey. I used bootcamp earlier today, followed the instructions that told me to inset the windows 7 CD, and then click Ok. I did that, then my computer restarted and started installing it. When it was finished, it opened windows. I can't get back to mac now for some reason, and on the windows disc there is only 16 GB's (Almost nothing left now cause I installed windows 7) so that means I did install windows on the right disc.
Question is, how can I get back to mac? I've tried restarting several times.
Help!

(Sorry for my bad english)

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Question is, how can I get back to mac? I've tried restarting several times.

Hold the Alt/Option key down during boot. THis will bring up a boot selector.

You can change the default OS to boot from System Preferences -> Startup Disk or Control Panel -> Boot Camp.

B

domanyi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Nothing happens... When I restart it just starts windows, like a normal PC would do...

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Nothing happens... When I restart it just starts windows, like a normal PC would do...

Which Mac and keyboard do you have. Some combinations don't work. If you have a corded mouse or Apple Remote, you can also use those to get back to OS X.

Have you installed the Boot Camp drivers from your Mac OS X install disc as directed to in the instructions?

Do you see the Boot Camp icon in Control Panel? Select Startup Disk? Do you see your Mac OS X as an option?

B

domanyi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Not at all..

Can't install, theres no more space left on the windows.
I don't see mac as an option.

I use a macbook osx 10.6

Note:

Can't install the bootcamp drivers.. A messege pops up that says that windows can't use that.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Not at all..

Can't install, theres no more space left on the windows.
I don't see mac as an option.

I use a macbook osx 10.6

And you are using the internal keyboard I presume? Which Macbook model or year in which you bought it?

Boot from your OS X install CD and run Disk Utility from there. http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=3810 Let's make sure that OS X is still safe.

Do you have a backup of everything important? Do you have an external USB hard drive handy?

I have a hard time believing that Windows let you install to a partition where you don't even have enough space to install the Boot Camp drivers.

B

domanyi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
I think its from 2008.

So you want me to restart my computer, and press C and then what?

Everything VERY important is on the internet, different websites, USB sticks etc.

domanyi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Cant run anything on windows...

Also, disk utility is not on my OSX installation disk.

I use OSX 10.6 in case you didn't know.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I love threads like this where I end up having no idea what was actually wrong in the first place, what fixed it, and am left with an uneasy feeling the real issues was simply PEBCAK.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.