PDA

View Full Version : ModulR Case Sytem?

Zodiak
Oct 25, 2010, 08:32 AM
Hello everyone :)

Has anyone seen this before? I like to think of myself as up to date with the forum but it might have slipped me. It is called the ModulR Case System and for what seems to be a reasonable starting price, you seem to get: a case, a stand and surface mount? here is the website.

http://www.modulrcase.com/

Does anyone know how decent the build construction and product is? I know there have been many dedicated cases or dedicated mounting brackets on these forums. Looking to get feedback on what you all think of this product.

I may be interested in purchasing one in the future.

Thank you :)

FirefighterTim
Nov 1, 2010, 07:06 AM
Hi zodiak, I'm new to the whole mac phenomenon, with the ipad being my introduction to the whole operating system and accompanying accessories. I am a career firefighter located in Louisiville Kentucky, and we have been using the ipad for roughly 4-5 months now, with the accompanying modulr case and accessories since august. Now please understand that I am not a discerning fashionista and probably wouldn't want to be even if I knew what that meant (thank my wife and her forced viewing of sex in the city 2 for the vocabulary). Anyway, my point is that I perform an extremely volatile job around dangerous environments, moving quickly and often...cough...cough...occasionally dropping or otherwise "banging" equipment. And into all of this...you bring the pretty little iPad. It's just so ADORABLE, with it's exposed glass screen and it's delicate aluminum shell. After about a week of treating our ipads like they where made of gold, we started looking for suitable cases. Now I know what you're thinking, and there are "bomb proof" cases out there that are very good at protecting your device, but we wanted the case to, uhm...do stuff. we found that the ipad was fairly awkward to handle in an lot of settings and we needed stands, wall mounts, carrying methods, ect... Thus, we found modulr. I can tell you from personal experience that the build construction borders on industrial and stands up to everything that we can throw at it yet. Can it stand being dropped occasionally? It has. Can it stand being used as a chew toy by our 150lb fire house dog? It has. Can it protect the iPad from being run over by a 35 ton fire truck? Who knows, are you out of your mind????:D Anyway, I'm something of a cheer leader for this product, and in my mind you will not find a better case to protect your "precious."

Just my two cents!

Steelersmacman
Nov 1, 2010, 12:54 PM
The modulr seems perfect for the application inside a fire station. It looks rugged so to speak. I would say its the "Hummer" of wallmounts?

Looking for something to hang on the wall, it looks ok as long as your iPad is on it. The sec you take it off, you have this big square on the wall where the ipad sits. Not very eye pleasing at home, but in a fire station I think it would be an asset.

From a price point it is $100 for all of that....seems alot for personal use. I use a padtab myself.

DuDeSkY
Nov 11, 2010, 04:53 PM
I also have a PadTab. The wife loves it! Very stealth!

Tom.Colly
Nov 29, 2010, 07:47 AM
Well, the idea of modulR is that it's not just a wall mount, it's only limited by the accessories and the originality of user. I think that it's a great design and so far they have been holding their own on the execution. A few missteps, but they seem receptive to consumer input and quick to correct problems. I like this company and will continue to add to my collection of accessories as they arrive!:apple:

Steelersmacman
Dec 6, 2010, 02:45 PM
Well, the idea of modulR is that it's not just a wall mount, it's only limited by the accessories and the originality of user. I think that it's a great design and so far they have been holding their own on the execution. A few missteps, but they seem receptive to consumer input and quick to correct problems. I like this company and will continue to add to my collection of accessories as they arrive!:apple:

I'll give you that its more than just a wall mount! My problem is the cost...you are spending 20% of the cost of the iPad for just the case/mount, let alone the other accessories that you can get for it. For the rich folk it probably is a good solution, I like my PadTab.

DuDeSkY
Dec 7, 2010, 07:43 AM
I'll have to agree SteelersMacMan... For the price point, thePadTab works extremly well and I had money left over to take the wife out to dinner :)