PDA

View Full Version : citrix

anthdci
Oct 26, 2010, 04:58 AM
This belongs in all three, ipad, iphone and ipt forums but I think its the most relevant to the ipad so here it is. At work (i work for a university) we have a citrix system, that allows users to use various applications through it, such as office, internet explorer and loads of other useful stuff etc. It works great on windows, osx and linux, and you can even use it using java rather than installing the citrix plugin. But it would be brilliant to use it on my iphone or my bosses ipad. I have downloaded the citrix application but it wont connect. Is there anyway to browse to the website in safari and when it goes to connect to have it open the citrix receiver app and have it possibly work that way.

Also, if that is not possible, a java plugin (i am jailbroken) would work I think.

mamema
Oct 26, 2010, 06:03 AM
This belongs in all three, ipad, iphone and ipt forums but I think its the most relevant to the ipad so here it is. At work (i work for a university) we have a citrix system, that allows users to use various applications through it, such as office, internet explorer and loads of other useful stuff etc. It works great on windows, osx and linux, and you can even use it using java rather than installing the citrix plugin. But it would be brilliant to use it on my iphone or my bosses ipad. I have downloaded the citrix application but it wont connect. Is there anyway to browse to the website in safari and when it goes to connect to have it open the citrix receiver app and have it possibly work that way.

Also, if that is not possible, a java plugin (i am jailbroken) would work I think.

working with the the citrix app on my ipad&iphone every day. You have to create a web service site on the citrix web interface configuration, formerly known as PNAgent site

Best regards

mamema