PDA

View Full Version : Which program for programming in PHP, (MY)SQL, AJAX, JAVA Script,...?

Mr.Random
Oct 26, 2010, 12:08 PM
So, I finally became to MAC, but here`s problem, because I really don`t know which program to use for programming in this OS.

So.. I would like to know, which program for programming in PHP, (MY)SQL, AJAX, JAVA Script,...

Many thanks!

HomeBru Studios
Oct 26, 2010, 08:16 PM
The languages you mention are, for the most part, "web" languages and have nothing to do with using a Mac, PC or even mainframe computer (I say 'for the most part' because you can also use PHP, Python, Ruby, etc. as a local scripting language.)

For programming "applications", the world is your oyster - most people probably use Objective-C via the Xcode IDE (not normally installed during OS installation but available for installation from the Developer CD that came with your machine.)

PatrickCocoa
Oct 26, 2010, 08:50 PM
Maybe he's asking for which IDE to use when writing scripts?

Mr.Random
Oct 26, 2010, 11:12 PM
Yes, which IDE. Thank you, PatrickCocoa.

ShortCutMan
Oct 27, 2010, 03:14 AM
Xcode has syntax highlighting for PHP, HTML, JavaScript etc, but it is not entirely intended for web development.

SpookyLars
Oct 27, 2010, 03:43 AM
So.. I would like to know, which program for programming in PHP, (MY)SQL, AJAX, JAVA Script,...

For web development try Coda (http://www.panic.com/coda/).

fernandovalente
Oct 28, 2010, 09:03 PM
Dreamweaver is the best one. Coda and emacs are good too :)

BertyBoy
Oct 29, 2010, 11:37 AM
Coda or Komodo.

Did we miss something ? how hard can it be to put "web ide mac" into google ??

Dolorian
Oct 30, 2010, 05:55 PM
Espresso and CSSEdit or Coda for web development.

HomeBru Studios
Oct 30, 2010, 06:51 PM
I like Textmate the best for web work. If you are new to the language you'll probably want to use Coda or Dreamweaver or NetBeans to help you on your way. Once you get to know the language and HTML and CSS, then you can abandon the crutches and choose an editor of your choice.

Eraserhead
Oct 30, 2010, 07:02 PM
Eclipse can be good.

firewood
Oct 30, 2010, 10:36 PM
The alternative is not to use any IDE at all. Any text editor, such as vi or emacs in a Terminal window can be used to write programs in PHP, Java, C/C++/ObjC, et.al. And one can also run non-GUI programs directly from the command-line.

Cabbit
Oct 31, 2010, 06:26 AM
Netbeans, Coda, Textmate/wrangler, and Espresso are all good ones. Netbeans is best as a IDE in my opinion yet for a experienced programmer it mite get in the way to much compared to the speed of a bare bones text editor like vim.

However a word of caution if your doing programming primarily something like Dreamweaver is the wrong tool for the job. Dreamweaver does not have a good toolset for working with things like Zend Framework, and speaking of Zend there is also Zend Studio which is quite expensive but very powerful.