Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
I have an iPad 32GB WiFi and a MacBook Pro as well so I was trying very hard to justify myself in getting an 11" MBA but ending up talking myself out of it.

The 13" MBP is perfect for my uses. It's already lightweight and portable as it is. After playing with the 11" in the Apple store, I was impressed on how light it was. This no doubt blows away any netbook or any notebook in it's weight class in terms of size and performance. However, the MBP's battery life, hard drive space, and processing power OUTWEIGHS the reasons of dumping my 13" MBP for the Air. Also, I have it hooked up to a 21.5 Inch HP monitor at home and it's good enough to use as a main computer at home, and light enough to take on the road.

If I needed to lookup something quickly in bed or around the house, that's where the iPad comes in. If I needed to send a quick e-mail, my HTC Evo is already great at doing that.

If I didn't have a 13" MBP or even the iPad, I would have most likely went ahead and purchased the MBA. Just now at this point, spending another $1000+ or getting rid of my MBP doesn't make much sense... yet.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
If I didn't have a 13" MBP or even the iPad, I would have most likely went ahead and purchased the MBA. Just now at this point, spending another $1000+ or getting rid of my MBP doesn't make much sense... yet.

You have NO need for an Air.

rickhorn

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2010
If I had a MBP 13, definitely would upgrade to MBA 13.

No need to buy a new MBA to replace your MBP 15...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.