Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmk005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2010
I rented several shows but cannot find a way to put them on my iPad (wouldnt it be similar to rented movies?). Do I need the Apple TV to accomplish this task?

P Mentior

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
Ohio
I rented several shows but cannot find a way to put them on my iPad (wouldnt it be similar to rented movies?). Do I need the Apple TV to accomplish this task?

I'm assuming that you rented them through iTunes on your computer. did you rent the SD version or the HD version? It looks like the iPad wont play the HD versions.

- If you download a rented TV show on your computer: You can play it on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple TV (2nd generation) if it’s a standard-definition episode. TV episodes in HD can be played on your iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), or Apple TV (2nd generation). Once you move the episode from your computer to a device, the episode will disappear from your computer's iTunes library.

- If you download a rented TV show on your iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), or Apple TV (2nd generation): It is not transferable to any other device or computer.
- http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4300

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.