PDA

View Full Version : Got a power mac g5(just the case and the motherboard)

JustRoy
Oct 26, 2010, 08:02 PM
What do you guys think i should do with it?
It's a risk to buy a ppc processor, and it is a wast for me not to do anything with it.
From reading here i figured that the ppc is slower(although it has slots for 2 processors) but i really like the connections(optical, usb's etc) and the beautiful case design, but i'm really lost with the question: what should i do with that.
I have an intel quad core pc that i don't mind to move to a new case but i think it would be a mess because of the computer case(different structures)
so what do you guys think? sell it? use it? buy a ppc processor?
thanks,
Roy.

Johnny7
Oct 27, 2010, 05:40 PM
I totally love the G5 case, and I can see everyone else does to with how Apple has used almost the exact same design even to this day. If I were you I'd(and I'm a bit harsh so...heh) cut a good chunk out of the back and mount your quad board inside, it'd be such a beastly looking machine.. from the front ;). You'd be recycling something that is almost obsolete for most computer users. Then you could sell the old board on ebay. Not sure how you would go about placing a new board in it any other way other then cutting. Easy thing to do is just cut the entire back piece out or a rectangle out of the back so all the connections are usable. Man I wanna do this now :D. But do what you want, if it'd be too much of a pain to do or you don't want to chop it up then leave it and buy some parts to give it life. It's still a great machine if you ask me.

Hope I helped some,
-Johnny:apple: