Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naujoks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
London, UK
Any 11.6" gaming benchmarks (1.4/1.6GHz, 2/4GB mem) anywhere?

I'd love to see how much the increase in FPS is with a 1.6GHz over the 1.4 variant, or 4Gb over 2GB respectively. Or even both over the base model!

Durious

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hopefully if it arrives Friday I can post some sat/sun

hleewell

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
Vaio Z tourist?
You already have MacBook Air 11.6 why don't you try it yourself
Tr*ll

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
While not a benchmark, per se, I have the 1.4/4/64 BTO model, and ran World of Warcraft last night extremely smoothly. Ran it at native resolution with medium graphics settings, and was fine in Dalaran, and surprisingly smooth in our ICC10 raid last night through Lich King.

Stingray454

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
While not a benchmark, per se, I have the 1.4/4/64 BTO model, and ran World of Warcraft last night extremely smoothly. Ran it at native resolution with medium graphics settings, and was fine in Dalaran, and surprisingly smooth in our ICC10 raid last night through Lich King.

Very encouraging to hear :) I usually play on my 27" i7, but when traveling, at my summer house or similar it would be nice to relax with some WoW when bored. I don't mind running on lowest settings as long as it's not stuttering / lagging.

What kind of frame rates are you seeing? Both during outdoors questing or 10/25-man raids? Does fights with much happening at once (Blood Queen comes to mind, for example) make it crawl, or how does it handle that? If you're really bored, a video of WoW on the 11" would be awesome!

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Vaio Z tourist?
You already have MacBook Air 11.6 why don't you try it yourself
Tr*ll

It seems as if you are the one being a troll. The OP asked a valid question. Why should it matter whether or not he currently owns one?

Not sure why you found it necessary to censor the word 'troll'.

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
Very encouraging to hear :) I usually play on my 27" i7, but when traveling, at my summer house or similar it would be nice to relax with some WoW when bored. I don't mind running on lowest settings as long as it's not stuttering / lagging.

What kind of frame rates are you seeing? Both during outdoors questing or 10/25-man raids? Does fights with much happening at once (Blood Queen comes to mind, for example) make it crawl, or how does it handle that? If you're really bored, a video of WoW on the 11" would be awesome!

I was able to comfortably run medium settings (a mix of "Good" and "Fair"). Framerate was fine all through ICC10; lowest dip at any one point was either Lich King or Blood Queen, down to about 12-15, but it was still playable in a pinch. Had I lowered spell effects and textures on down, it probably would have been in the low/mid-20s. I don't run 25 Mans, but it should be similar performance, albeit you may need to turn down spell effects another level.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.