PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack won't even open on SL

BJB Productions
Oct 27, 2010, 09:41 AM
Hi,
So I've been having problems with the Final Cut Express suite for a while since I upgraded to Snow Leopard. (Version 3.5.1) A lot of functions and windows don't show up, and it's generally unusable.

Anyway, I've tried re-installing and all, but with no luck fixing all these issues. I have read it's not support by Apple on SL anymore, so that's why it has so many issues. (Curse you Apple)

So basically, I went to open up Soundtrack today, and now it won't even open. It just crashes before even showing a welcome screen.

I don't know what to do... But this is making me mad. I can use Garage Band, but options are limited in some areas compared to Sound Track.

petebeggan
Dec 16, 2010, 04:06 PM
I too have updated SL and now can not open sound track. WHY NOT APPLE. it no longer JUST WORKS does it.
How do I uninstall the latest version of Snow Leopard?

Also on the moan, I have pages and thought I would get the app for my ipad. (this was after buying the ipad and being sent back to the shop to upgrade from tiger to SL to get the ipad to work) But guess what. The version on my mac is old and not compatible with the latest version. If you can open a microsoft word document why the **** can you not open and save a bloody apple document. I have emailed but not even had a response. NOT HAPPY.

I have a wedding to edit but stuck until I work around this Soundtrack issue.

BJB Productions
Dec 16, 2010, 04:12 PM
I too have updated SL and now can not open sound track. WHY NOT APPLE. it no longer JUST WORKS does it.
How do I uninstall the latest version of Snow Leopard?

Also on the moan, I have pages and thought I would get the app for my ipad. (this was after buying the ipad and being sent back to the shop to upgrade from tiger to SL to get the ipad to work) But guess what. The version on my mac is old and not compatible with the latest version. If you can open a microsoft word document why the **** can you not open and save a bloody apple document. I have emailed but not even had a response. NOT HAPPY.

I have a wedding to edit but stuck until I work around this Soundtrack issue.

There's no fix. The only thing to do is upgrade to the newer Final Cut (which is terribly old) But I'm not willing to pop the money for something as stupid as that, so the only thing that you could do is be illegal... :o

petebeggan
Dec 16, 2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks but I have already upgraded to FCE4 (before I went to snowL) and still no luck. I have uninstalled and re installed but no joy. I would like to know if there is a way of unistalling the last software updates?

BJB Productions
Dec 17, 2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks but I have already upgraded to FCE4 (before I went to snowL) and still no luck. I have uninstalled and re installed but no joy. I would like to know if there is a way of unistalling the last software updates?

Wow....That's horrible. In that case, you should be able to contact Apple support, because I think they still support that version. But yeah...that's horrible. Sorry, but there is no way to uninstall last software updates.