Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manimalfully

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
I got my macbook awhile ago and my battery is very QUICKLY losing it's retaining capacity.

I've charged my macbook 119 load cycles and I am at 81% of my original battery capacity!

I read somewhere that if I'm below 80% my capacity before 300 loads, apple will replace my battery?

Should I go to apple store?

aphhm0.jpg

manimalfully

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Have you calibrated, to make sure the readings are correct?

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

I got that number after calibration ggjstudios. Your link says the batteries are 'designed to hold 80% of original charge after 300 charges', so then should I go? (it says removable batteries, my macbook has built-in battery (polycarbonate))

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I got that number after calibration ggjstudios. Your link says the batteries are 'designed to hold 80% of original charge after 300 charges', so then should I go? (it says removable batteries, my macbook has built-in battery (polycarbonate))
It also says that for built-in batteries, it's 1000 cycles. If it's calibrated and still that low, take it to the Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.