Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Missing the days when Apple released a new OS X beta. Looking forward to the rumor mills with OS X 10.7 as I've grown beyond tired of iOS.

Any ideas when Apple should/may start releasing 10.7 Beta's to developers?

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Missing the days when Apple released a new OS X beta. Looking forward to the rumor mills with OS X 10.7 as I've grown beyond tired of iOS.

Any ideas when Apple should/may start releasing 10.7 Beta's to developers?

We won’t hear anything for the next several months. I suspect we’ll see the first beta by late Spring, most likely May or early June at WWDC with a possible developer preview at that point. Starting from WWDC, we’ll start to see multiple builds being pushed out, leaks and so on.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple will release a beta. They do that a few months before the release and that will be for developers

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Apple releasing the beta version at WWDC would be quite late for a Summer 2011 release, but anyway, I hope, whenever it comes, it includes the much anticipated "plural apostrophe killer", it would do the languages some good.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't think apple is going to wait until WWDC. In the past they previewed and then provided the developers the beta at WWDC (or shortly there of). Since they already previewed it, they'll just release the beta, probably this spring

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.