PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 Batteries

india349
Oct 28, 2010, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, got a question: what would you do in this situation?

I have two batteries for my PB G4 12". Which should I use?

Battery 1 is an OEM battery with the cells replaced. It has 109 cycles used, according to coconutBattery, with 100% of its capacity remaining. Because it's OEM, it fits the PB well. The only problem is that I can't get the battery to calibrate (i.e., the computer sleeps when the battery has about an "hour" listed as the remaining charge. I'm continuing to try and correctly calibrate it now...so all of that coconutBattery information may change.

Battery 2 is a third party battery that I've been using. It's got about 62 cycles used, with 99% of its capacity remaining according to coconutBattery. It doesn't fit well (I have to really push to get it in, and it sticks out on the side, front, and back). It seems to be calibrated well, but the computer doesn't sleep when the battery gets low; it just shuts down.

I've been using both batteries as I carry around the PB and I'm kind of just curious what the advice of others would be.

Thanks
india

powerbook911
Oct 28, 2010, 11:46 PM
My 12 inch Powerbook has always torn batteries apart.

The first one may actually be down to 1 hour and coconut just isn't reporting it right.