PDA

View Full Version : iOS lione is great for notebooks, but it is not for imacs.

hcho3
Oct 28, 2010, 09:04 PM
Apple needs come out better way to implement OS lion for imacs. I saw apple's demo on OS lion using apple magic mouse and it was not as great as I hoped it would be. The presenter was making errors and mistakes, constantly. Coincidence? No. Apple needs to find a better way to implement for Desktops.

rprebel
Oct 28, 2010, 09:09 PM
It's not even in beta yet. Calm down. We don't really know much of anything about it, except for the dock/expose/spaces integration and the app store. Even with those things, we don't really know how it will look or work since 10.7 won't be here for almost a year.

ryan0402
Oct 28, 2010, 09:12 PM
yeah plus everyone is nervous when they are on the computer with his hands shaking like a leaf watch the video again and look at his hand. He was definitely nervous.

hcho3
Oct 28, 2010, 09:23 PM
True...
After all, he had bunch of journalists and editors are all watching him. Also, his boss's boss's boss's boss's boss was watching him, Steve jobs. Yea, I would have been nervous too. Guess, I will wait like you guys suggest. I just hope they don't charge too much for the Lion OS upgrade... praying for 49 dollars, but I have a feeling apple will charge like 99 dollars or higher.

goobot
Oct 28, 2010, 09:46 PM
mmmmm (http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/)

MikhailT
Oct 28, 2010, 10:51 PM
Apple needs come out better way to implement OS lion for imacs. I saw apple's demo on OS lion using apple magic mouse and it was not as great as I hoped it would be. The presenter was making errors and mistakes, constantly. Coincidence? No. Apple needs to find a better way to implement for Desktops.

It is a coincidence, the guy was nervous and his hands were shaking. I already use a lot of 3-5 fingers gestures with BetterTouchTool on my desktop with magic trackpad, it works pretty well and responsive. I no longer use a mouse because the trackpad is much more productive than the mouse. I can totally see Lion working well with trackpad and iMacs.

djrod
Oct 29, 2010, 05:14 AM
It is a coincidence, the guy was nervous and his hands were shaking. I already use a lot of 3-5 fingers gestures with BetterTouchTool on my desktop with magic trackpad, it works pretty well and responsive. I no longer use a mouse because the trackpad is much more productive than the mouse. I can totally see Lion working well with trackpad and iMacs.

+1 but, I use my magic Mouse, 3 finger gesture for expose and works flawlessly, the guy was really nervous, thats way Lion gestures worked that bad

netdog
Oct 29, 2010, 05:22 AM
I've forwarded your comments to Steve, and Lion has now been postponed indefinitely while Apple re-engineers it from the ground up.

roadbloc
Oct 29, 2010, 05:58 AM
I've forwarded your comments to Steve, and Lion has now been postponed indefinitely while Apple re-engineers it from the ground up.
*phew* Disaster averted. Thank goodness for people like hcho3 who spot these things.