Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

With the 11.6" MBA supposedly selling like hot cakes and being priced at the same price as the White MacBook, does anyone expect a White MacBook price increase, seen as though it's a more powerful machine with a larger hard drive?
Do we think that the 11.6" Air will replace the White MacBook as the entery level?
I personally hope for a price drop & 4GB RAM as standard with the White MacBook, but I can't see it happening.

I know they're very much different machines with different purposes, but I don't think Apple would leave both laptops at the same price for very long.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Apple almost never drops prices; they increase the specs instead. The question of whether MBA will replace MB or MBP is being done to death, but I think the markets are a little different.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
P8600 which is used in MacBook is actually cheaper than SU9400 that is used in MBA. Same applies to the HD, 250GB HD is much cheaper than 64GB SSD.

MBA, especially the 11.6" still lacks features that MacBook has so I can't see MBA replacing the MacBook. Just because they are priced similarly doesn't mean that one of them is going to be EOLed. As you said, they are different animals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.