Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrhames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
First forum post, and my question: what items would you recommend for a Mac newbie or returnee thinking of buying a 64gb 11" MBA? Software that is small in size, free or cheap but very useful (esp. utilities, productivity, games and music/video). Accessories that are small, light, and a good value.

I am particularly interested if the Apple Superdrive is the best out there for the money, and multipurpose usb/sd hubs.

Another way of looking at it is, if you were buying a 4gb/64gb Air for a friend and had $200 to outfit it, what would be essential enough for you to include?

Thanks for your ideas!

Moodikar

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'd get a sleeve or hard case when they come out. I'd also get the SuperDrive if you burn DVDs or don't have another computer to share drives. Maybe a portable USB powered hard drive, and finally a second power adapter (if you think you'd like to carry one around).

Software wise, you can try Left for Dead if it'll work or worlds of Warcraft if you are hard core. Finally how about the new office.

There is also widgets and free stuff at apple's download site but try to choose wisely as you don't wanna fill it up with junk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.