PDA

View Full Version : is there a large-screen music player app?

jrm27
Oct 29, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hi all,

I use an ipad to play backing tracks when playing music at church. We've been running the backing tracks out of an old ipod, but are in the process of moving the process over to an ipad. One of the problems we've run into with the ipod is that the screen/"buttons" are just too small. In the moment, it is very easy to touch the wrong song on the playlist since they are so close together.

Is there an app for the ipad that is a music player, but with larger text? Something where playlists only show 3 or 4 songs per screen? I'm not sure how to explain what I'm lookign for... but hopefully this gives you a good idea!

-jon

caubeck
Oct 29, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hi all,

I use an ipad to play backing tracks when playing music at church. We've been running the backing tracks out of an old ipod, but are in the process of moving the process over to an ipad. One of the problems we've run into with the ipod is that the screen/"buttons" are just too small. In the moment, it is very easy to touch the wrong song on the playlist since they are so close together.

Is there an app for the ipad that is a music player, but with larger text? Something where playlists only show 3 or 4 songs per screen? I'm not sure how to explain what I'm lookign for... but hopefully this gives you a good idea!

-jon

Via iTunes make each song into an "album" with its own cover, and then use the album display in the iPad.

geoff.b
Mar 29, 2011, 08:37 PM
I actually have an app in the store designed to do this specific thing: LiveTrax Pro (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/livetrax-pro/id421346204?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4).

It was written specifically for the purpose of performing with backing tracks. I use it myself. Please take a look and see if it suits what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Geoff.

darngooddesign
Mar 29, 2011, 08:41 PM
Another alternative is to use the accessibility controls to magnify the screen.