Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipodtouchnight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
I have and iPod touch 2g that's pretty great but I heard the 4g has the same ram has the 3G and the cameras are bad

NicoleRichie

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Do it!

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I have and iPod touch 2g that's pretty great but I heard the 4g has the same ram has the 3G and the cameras are bad
There are plenty of benefits to iOS 4.x that aren't available on the 2G. One of the "sleeper" features is the addition of a Bluetooth profile for keyboards... the Apple BT keyboard works great with the 4G iPod Touch. The built-in mic and videocam work pretty well. But if you are satisfied with your 2G then save your money... for now.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

FireStar said:
GameCenter probably would be nice. Facetime would also be nice. Same with the Retina and Gyro. If you have the cash, yes.

Game center is in 4.1, so you can get it on a 2g too. However Retina Display is VERY worth the upgrade to 4g.

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
A4 processor allowing you to do more with apps. Better screen. more ram so no apps crashing. I sometimes have apps crash on my 2g. By the time next year rolls around, i think apple will be phasing out the touch 2g support like they did this yr for the 1g. It would be wise to upgrade now. Also, the camera isn't THAT bad and the new touch is even thinner than the 2g. the 4g is as thick as the 2g when the 4g has a case on it. Trust me. Great upgrade.

Ipodtouchnight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Thank u for your comments

Thank u guys I'm going to get it I went to go test out my friends 4g and that screen is amazing and his is very fast and I can't stand how I can't change my wallpaper on the 2g without a JB i don't really care about the camera because I have a much better one.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Thank u guys I'm going to get it I went to go test out my friends 4g and that screen is amazing and his is very fast and I can't stand how I can't change my wallpaper on the 2g without a JB i don't really care about the camera because I have a much better one.
Ok. Cool. :) (Come back with light leak advice! :eek::D)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Personally, I don't think its worth upgrading unless you are on a first generation or have a broken iPod. I've got a 2nd gen iPod right next to me and its as good as ever. Then again, I'm sure you use your iPod for more than listening to music so maybe its worth it for you.

SlamJam12

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
If you like to use your touch for more than music, yes. It is a bit faster, better display, and it has a camera.

I agree with this comment. I have an 8GB iPod touch from this past summer. I don't use anything other than music. So, I do not see much difference from past iPod touches to the new iPod touch.

ghostshadow

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
Indianapolis
I'd say if you want it, do it. The pro's definitely outweigh the cons. The A4 is fan-tas-tic the display is beautiful, battery life is much better, sound quality is much improved. The camera shoots great video, pictures do need help, I have found using other camera apps can help get better photos. I especially like ClearCam http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clearcam/id364930963?mt=8 - I have gotten fantastic results from it, actual usable pictures.

The size difference is annoying at times but I have grown to like it more over time. Plus when you add a case it get's much better.

It's definitely worth the upgrade in my opinion. Sell the old one and buy the new one, that's what I did and I don't regret it at all.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
The other day I had to pry my 4G out of the hands of this kid who has the 2G iTouch.;) Its definitely worth it. I sold my 1G iTouch and used that towards a 4G. Adding to the other comments, better battery life. Voice Over feature is great especially if you are driving or working out. You can just hold down the home button a say a command like "play song list XYZ"

My 1st G iPod touch still works and does extremely well. I sold it because I had over 100 Apps, and I needed more space.

Yeah the size,... I'm waiting for a decent case to put on mine. Right now I have my Xtrememac case 2G but haven't found anything that is like that yet.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
The other day I had to pry my 4G out of the hands of this kid who has the 2G iTouch.;) Its definitely worth it. I sold my 1G iTouch and used that towards a 4G. Adding to the other comments, better battery life. Voice Over feature is great especially if you are driving or working out. You can just hold down the home button a say a command like "play song list XYZ"

My 1st G iPod touch still works and does extremely well. I sold it because I had over 100 Apps, and I needed more space.

Yeah the size,... I'm waiting for a decent case to put on mine. Right now I have my Xtrememac case 2G but haven't found anything that is like that yet.

How much were you able to sell your first generation iPod Touch?
I have an 8GB right now.

I also have a 8GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch which I may just keep. Plus, I wouldn't want to look and get used to the retina display, and then curse the display on my iPhone whenever I needed to use that.:eek:

Ipodtouchnight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Thanks

Thanks u guys I sold my 2g on eBay and saved up and brought the 4g thank u so much it's really a amazing device.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Yeah, it's night and day.

I could NOT stand to look at my 3g after getting my iPhone 4. Couldn't get a 4g fast enough.

Only wish it was IPS though. I still remember that Korean (?) leak that showed that fire screen bootscreen or whatever and I couldn't believe those wicked sick angles.

I LOVE my IP4 screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.