Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Im curious what type of accessories everyone will be getting for their new MBA no matter which version.

I'm going to get the magic mouse and minidp-to-hdmi for plugging into tvs and other monitors.

Maybe we can each give each other ideas.

:apple:

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I'm getting the Mac-Case Flight Jacket, should be in my hands on Wednesday. I bought the MBA SuperDrive and iWorks '09 with my MBA.

LJK-VNopen.jpg

EggrollShop

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
Invisisheild full body is a must for me. Had one on my 15inch UBMP and it saved it from so many scratches. USB to ethernet is also a must for me. Possibly an adapter to hdmi but havent decided yet

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Invisisheild full body is a must for me. Had one on my 15inch UBMP and it saved it from so many scratches. USB to ethernet is also a must for me. Possibly an adapter to hdmi but havent decided yet

Yeah I'll prob get the Ethernet one too... Never know when you need that in a hotel or setting up a router...

highscheme

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Carrying All the Time:

-Incase sleeve
-Cleaning Cloth

Travel Kit:

-VGA Adaptor
-HDMI Adaptor
-USB Ethernet Adaptor
-Retractable Ethernet Cable
-Toolkit

I already have a 500GB LaCie Rikiki that I will use with it. Also, I am contemplating a HyperMac battery (either the smallest or 2nd smallest unit) but will probably only get one if they work out something with Apple and are still selling them in a couple months.

ArcAngel66

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
I got the SuperDrive.

I got Office 2011 for my new Air at BestBuy. And they have a deal where you get a free $20 gift card. So I went and got the SuperDrive for $60. Bestbuy still has it for $100, but they'll price match Apple's new $80 price tag.

The SuperDrive is really nice, and works like a charm... but it seems like it won't work on any other computer, which is lame. (I guess it doesn't "really" matter considering everything else has a DVD drive but still)...

It's something about the USB ports not being powerful enough? (which is weird because you would think the Air would have weaker USB ports if anything)

As far as cases go. I don't think i'll need one. This thing is build like a rock - even better than my MBP unibody. (the MBP is strong too but its a bit more "airy" and thus dents easier... the new MBA is so compact with the same metal unibody that this thing is solid)

BestBuy had all the adapters for $20... Might get the DVI and VGA ones as it might be useful every now and then.

MrBellamy

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
I got the Super Drive, don't know when I'll need it haven't used the drive in my MacBook Pro for a really long time, but I want to be ready when I do need or want to use it, like for Lion unless they are going to be selling that on usb which would be a lot better.

barefeats

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2000
Logiix USB Flex Lamp with Red LEDs to compensate for lack of backlit keyboard. (sold on Amazon)

red_led_300.jpg

alflavor

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2010
Whittlesey, UK
I want to get a decent case for my 11" MBA, also a mouse (regular apple one I think)

The case I need before I travel to the USA in 2 weeks, and so far haven't seen any custom ones in UK....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.