Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I have a video clip that is 1:08 in length. When I play it, the slideshow pauses for a long time on the photo preceeding it, then it only plays 30 seconds of the clip before moving on. I tried splitting the clip in two 30 second pieces, but then it started up the second clip right on top of the first one!

I really need help with timing in this slideshow. Does anyone know what I have to do to tweak timing?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
I had the same problem when trying to make a slideshow in iMovie6HD. The photos wouldn't change, or they'd show briefly before changing to the next. the solution was to put in a transition between each picture.

Don't know if it will work with iMovie 9, but worth a try.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
fixed, sort of

1. I was in sorting things in the wrong list. Sort in a slideshow list instead.
2. Each slides duration can be set manually as long as you are not having it fit to music. You cannot, however, have it manually set how long a single object on a slide remains visible. The only workaround for this is to use a slide that has one place holder visible throughout the entire slide, and put the video in that.

Nice software, but kind of a silly limitation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.