Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
100404helmet_pc.jpg

Link

Is there anything a sports fan will not buy?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Words almost fail me... for once.

That is truly horrible and hilarious at the same time.
Does anybody here know anybody who would want one of these?

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Hahahaha what an ugly, hilarious thing.

I could see the guy making it ugly on purpose, selling it, then literally laughing all the way to the bank. Laughing for a different reason than they usually do, anyway. :D

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
C'mon, they expect to actually sell more than two of these things by using the Oakland Raiders helmet as the demo? At least pick a decent team!

Daniel

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm sure that it's, beauty in the eye of the beholder on this one. Knowing today's marketing, they have already market tested this PC. Note the price of $499, just the market that Apple may want to attract. :D

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
For some reason when I think of hardcore NFL fans I think of pot-bellied mid aged men. And they probably don't know the difference from a computer or television. So I doubt they will have intrest in getting a computer that looks like a helmet. Other than that it's hidious.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
I'm a hardcore NFL fan, and I'm neither middle-aged nor pot-bellied. But I still wouldn't get a computer like that, because it's a PC.

Daniel

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
you have to be really into that football stuff i guess... though it does look a little cheasy at first :eek:

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
WOW, Hold on.....I have seen some ugly computers, (dells) but this computer just won the gold metal, honesly who would actually purchase this??? I mean PC's already suck!, but this just gave me the best reson i seen to swich to a mac

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
I agree, maybe the Packers or the Colts at least:) :D
dsharits said:
C'mon, they expect to actually sell more than two of these things by using the Oakland Raiders helmet as the demo? At least pick a decent team!

Daniel

Applespider

macrumors G4
I too am a hardcore NFL fan (just home at 2am after watching playoffs) and I'm not pot-bellied, middleaged or male. But I can't see myself buying one of those PCs, even if they were Macs.

Having said that, I'm always astonished at what NFL merchandise does sell and at what prices. Caps/shirts and stuff under $50 fine, even the tailgating BBQ helmet is understandable. But some of the other stuff - skis in team colours, a 8 foot popcorn popper trolley ($1500!) Scary!

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I'm guessing they have to start giving these away instead of sports phones, because nobody's going to buy them. People can be dumb, but not this dumb.

mms

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
CA
ROFL. I can see the guys. Some ultra-hardcore NFL fan/redneck/engineer deciding that his computer was crap and that covering it up with a helmet would make it look somewhat decent... and NFL picking up on the cue and marketing it.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Two thoughts:

1) I am reminded of the Sports Illustrated Football phone you received with subscription - just as ugly and borderline-functional.

2) That perhaps the designer(s) of this "creation" either (a) should've worn a helmet earlier to prevent their obvious head-injuries, or (b) are actually a team of monkeys with crayons.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Applespider said:
I too am a hardcore NFL fan (just home at 2am after watching playoffs) and I'm not pot-bellied, middleaged or male. But I can't see myself buying one of those PCs, even if they were Macs.

Having said that, I'm always astonished at what NFL merchandise does sell and at what prices. Caps/shirts and stuff under $50 fine, even the tailgating BBQ helmet is understandable. But some of the other stuff - skis in team colours, a 8 foot popcorn popper trolley ($1500!) Scary!

Sorry if I caused a stir, but I was just making a steriotype. :eek:

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Jesus Christ. It looks like Robo-Quarterback.

Did you check out the links at the bottom -- the Hot Wheels PC, the Barbie PC, and the (forgive the redundancy) Mickey Mouse PC?

1221barbiehotwheelspcs.jpg
mickeypc.jpg

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
dsharits said:

Daniel
Just to tell you, if you read the article. It does NOT come with a helmet. You put on any standard size one. Which actually makes the deal that much worse. None the less, this computer is horrible, aesthetically and performance....

kyle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.