PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling Leopard on my PM G5?

Hakkera
Oct 31, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to re-install leopard on my G5 with no success. I boot the machine up start the installation wizard from my desktop, it says that the wizard will continue after re-starting, and then proceeds to reboot.

However on booting my PM always ejects the CD, does anybody know how I can turn this off, as at the minute it's just restarting and booting back to my desktop each time.

spinnerlys
Oct 31, 2010, 01:07 PM
What kind of install DVD of Leopard do you use? Have you tried booting from it via holding down "C" right after the startup chime or holding down Option/Alt right after the startup chime? Have you verified the disk via Disk Utility?

raysfan81
Oct 31, 2010, 01:12 PM
Make sure you aren't using a grey machine specific disk those won't work. You have to use the black retail Leopard install disk.

chrismacguy
Oct 31, 2010, 01:54 PM
Make sure you aren't using a grey machine specific disk those won't work. You have to use the black retail Leopard install disk.

Also, I wouldnt use any copied disks - those are likely to either be machine specific, or just dodgy in general - Just an addition (I love my collection of retail discs - much lower chance of them misbehaving)

Hakkera
Nov 21, 2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks for this chaps, I did manage to get it working in the end, mainly by mashing all sorts of keys at startup... :)